Malaysia Truly Asia

Hi All,

If you have any plan to visit Malaysia for any reason (school, work, leisure).

Do let me know...

Cheers.

I have had five holidays in Malaysia, one for a month and two others for two months., but the other two visits were sadly shorter.
These months were spend with my eyes wide open and my legs as active as possible so I could find out as much about the country as I could.
I found the place to be amazing and strongly recommend it to anyone with an open mind and a sense of adventure.
It also makes a great destination for the first time traveller to Asia as the country has so many English speakers and so much western food available until you get into the local dishes.

Malaysia - A place I will visit again when the opportunity arises.

Absolutely!

On behalf of Malaysian people, we are happy to hear that from you.

This is year the gov are promoting visit Terengganu, check out the beautiful island. (Pulau Perhentian). You would love the scenery and clear water.

Cheers

Thank you.
I don't do "tourist" in the normal sense of the word, more like an explorer trying to discover how a country really ticks.
My first night in Malaysia was terrible, the hotel in Bukit Bintang being filthy at best and the first sight of the street food making me wonder how you guys managed to stay alive. Just to really make me think Malaysia was a dump some nasty little man offered me the services of a "young girl" and, upon refusal, moved on to offering me a "Young boy".
I wrapped my fingers firmly around his neck and explained how he should run away very quickly.

That first evening was more than offset by the rest of the month.

The next month was an adventure of amazing experiences that provided me with a great insight into how Malaysia works and a first hand view of the warm, friendly people who live in that wonderful country.
I visited a wide variety of places including Malacca, Penang and a whole host of other interesting spots such as Taiping and Padang Gerus (I'll bet most Malaysians have to google that one). Lenggong has a very nice old government rest house that is now a public hotel, a place where you can get the best fried rice in Malaysia.
Taiping is nothing short of wonderful, but I had my honeymoon there so I'm biased. My first visit had the hotel staff and one of their brothers take me all over the place, showing me much of Malaysia tourists never see and a fantastic snapshot of Malaysia's colonial history.

People ask me why Malaysia is so great but it's easy - it's an amazing country to visit with something for every type of tourist, but its people are nothing short of fantastic and that puts the cream on to a wonderful cake.

Me myself not even dare to visit Bukit Bintang when I'm all alone by myself unless you went to the other side such as Pavillion Shopping Mall, Starhill gallery and so on.

I would say being a Malaysian, I have not completed my journey to all state but will surely plan to visit all those places one day!

Johor Bahru is my hometown and that place is a FOOD PARADISE. The food the people the culture is so nice and not to mention the cost of living is very cheap.

A Malaysian lady I knew warned me about Bukit Bintang when she heard I'd booked a hotel there. She told me of the prostitution problems and the crime issues but it was already booked so I went anyway.
One night was plenty to realise that area was not to be bothered with so I moved hotels to a new one just outside Chinatown, the Dragon Inn.
Nice place so I stayed there almost every time I returned to KL.

Apart than that and the con men, the rest of my time in that wonderful country was fantastic.