NZ / Australia Working Holiday Visa

Hi
any New Zealanders or Aussies who have been in Malta on this visa?
I was going through the documents for application and it looks like the prospective employers still have to get an employment license for the working holiday visa holder. But there is also a note saying this: Applications for the employment of an expatriate must reach the Director, Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs at least three clear months before the expatriate is due to start work.
Does this make getting a job simply impossible? On the working holiday visa eligibility conditions list  it says - Your main reason for coming to Malta is to holiday and that any work you do is to support yourself while you are holidaying. -
I can imagine employers offering a highly skilled positions like doctors etc willing to hold the position and wait for at least 3 months. I can't imagine positions in hospitality, customer service etc that match the working holiday visa description much more, being held for at least 3 months...
Anybody has experience / insight on this?
thanks a lot

Hi did you have any luck with this?

Would love to here how it went and what you had to do.

I also have an Australian friend under 23, living in London and wants to come here for 3 months. Looking online is just impossible. Any advice on what they do for a visa and work permits etc?

Hi,

If your friend holds a Australian Passport and is under the age of 25, they could apply for a Working Holiday Visa. This will be subjected to their funds and a few other requirements, however they are able to apply for this visa with the Maltese High Commission in Canberra.

Some of the requirements include:
- 4500 AUD to support your stay
- Health Insurance
- Australian Police Check
- Passport Photos
- All pages of passport photocopied and signed by a notary.
- Copy of bank statement
- Arrival Ticket and Departure Ticket.
- Visa Fee; about $100 AUD

This visa states that it should be applied no less than 6 weeks before arrival.

Any more questions, just reply here; I am happy to help! This will allow you into the country for 12 months. However you will need to find an employer, then have them apply for your employment license.