Why don't we meet together to improve our English in Istanbul ?

Hi guys, I hope you are fine.

I am Mehmet from Istanbul, Turkey. I am a student in here. I tend to contact foreign people and improve my English.

If there is anyone think that like me, we set a common time , we can meet  in Istanbul.
I am thinking this meeting for people has intermediate level.

Meet where? Istanbul is huge. I speak fluent English by the way and can help depending on where you people want to meet because I am in Bahcesehir... Can do private lessons individually or in a group.

I think I can hold this position of been your private English teacher so I improve your skills of English if you don't mind

İm here to take a duty l have a car and stay in asia side

Mehmet,

Please understand that no one, absolutely no one speaks "fluent" English, including the Native English Speaking people themselves.

The English language is the most constantly evolving language on the planet. That fact is mostly because "conversational" English, as a second language, is the most globally popular, and internationally accepted  "trade-negotiations" business language platform.

I believe it is your English "conversation" proficiency skill levels, that you are interested in developing. And, you are probably seeking to create an English spoken only social networking group, for possible bi-monthly gatherings at a centrally located place (Starbucks, for example) in Istanbul. Is that correct?

If correct, then may I suggest that you attempt creating such a social interaction group from within the Turkish language speaking community in Istanbul, especially since about 40% (my estimate) of the Turkish people in Istanbul, already speak excellent English, to begin with.

You may already know some Turkish people, of whom really possess excellent English speaking skills, but speak English only when the social situation requires of them to do so. So, if you just ask around, especially among the younger Turks, who may be employed in the Tourist service related industries, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Remember this slogan, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". Good luck :cheers:

Where did you get this 40% from...?
After living in the citycenter of Istanbul (Cihangir, around Istiklal Cad., Şişli/Mecidiyeköy) about 7 years and visiting many places in this huge city, including Asian side, I would still estimate only 1-5% of the Turkish people speak English...

i'm ready anytime

Dear All,

I think we should agree on a meeting place rather than just discussing everything about nothing. It looks like this idea is not going further than the forum.

Regards

Ditto on that. The 40% had seriously left me scratching my head..
It's pretty hard to find English speaking locals in Istanbul considering the touristic nature of the city..

jane_963 wrote:

Where did you get this 40% from...?
After living in the citycenter of Istanbul (Cihangir, around Istiklal Cad., Şişli/Mecidiyeköy) about 7 years and visiting many places in this huge city, including Asian side, I would still estimate only 1-5% of the Turkish people speak English...

Jane, based upon your reply, I have Skype chatted with one of my Turkish colleagues. It seems that your percentage estimate is far more accurate than mine. Thus, I stand corrected.

Apparently, your Istanbul experience differs dramatically from our own. However, I did state my estimated percentage evaluation was based upon my own experiences with Turkish people, as colleagues, their family members, friends, and other acquaintances of the Karakoy, and Bazaar areas, etc., (to name a few) during my 6-month stay there.

Again, I stand corrected. Sorry about that skewed estimate :cheers:

Mehmet, if you provide your your email address, via the personal message board, then I will forward your contact info, directly to a Turkish/American colleague of mine, there in Istanbul. Both he, and his spouse are now retired, and looking for interesting challenges to pursue, and occupy their time.

Again, nothing ventured, nothing gained. We'll see how it develops for you, beyond that point, ok? Regards.

Lol, has anyone actually met up and improved their English? Or does it usually not go further than just a post on the forum?

Perhaps if you bothered to invite the OP mhmter, via the "Add to contacts" button,
then send him a private message, regarding your "own" interest in the topic thread, you would probably get a plain English answer to your question. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :cheers:

kRUBEN wrote:

Perhaps if you bothered to invite the OP mhmter, via the "Add to contacts" button,
then send him a private message, regarding your "own" interest in the topic thread, you would probably get a plain English answer to your question. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :cheers:

I did 'bother' to do that

I believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, until they prove themselves otherwise.
Ok then, your point was well-made. Obviously, the OP was just blowing the usual "hot-air" bullocks on the forum. Peace & Cheers.