Importing personel motorcycle

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can get my Yamaha 660cc
motorcycle in to the country, I heard so many different stories on new , second hand and Taxs, I am marride and work here with valid work permit , thanks ..........Tim

I dont think it's possible Tim

as I know there's a law against importing used bike to the country and the tax for >175cc bike is high like @#$ so I think you should buy a <175cc bike

p/s: I'm not sure about the law so just forgive me if I'm wrong

I think you can import it and avoid the tax, so long as you don't sell it on, but again this is hearsay... so take it as rumor!

Circular No. 59/2007/TT-BTC of June 14, 2007, Guiding the Implementation of Import Tax and Export Tax and Administration of Taxes on Imports and Exports

http://www.customs.gov.vn/English/Lists … spx?ID=965

Dear Expats,
I have lived in Vietnam before. I was there for 3 years after 2000 and I bought a blackmarket 250cc Honda Rebel to tour the country. I'm going back soon and want to take a Suzuki 1250cc Bandit into the country.
I know it's impossible to buy one there, but I have been told to import it into Thailand and ride it in on the pretense of being on tour and it's a significant bribe at the border, but OK once you are in.
How true is this?

Hi BrissieShaun,

It is true for a few months (3 I think) and if you are OK with riding around Vietnam with Thai's plate.

Howie