English Primary School Options

Hi everyone,

My family and I have been offered a position in Sofia which we are considering. The only question mark we have is on schools. We have 3 daughters all of primary school age. So far we've identified the British School of Sofia as probably the best option - however was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, or other English (or American) schools in Sofia?

Thank you in advance.

L

I don't live in Sofia, but I have heard good things about the anglo-american school there. http://www.aas-sofia.org/page.cfm?p=527

The anglo american school is supposed to be the best English speaking school in Sofia, however the fees are a bit ridiculous... for 3 kids it will be around 65-70k euro a year.
I think there are English/Irish boarding schools on a much higher level which are cheaper. Keep in mind the teachers in Sofia (even Native speakers) only make around 500-1000 euro a month so don't expect top quality.

Hello,I need to relocate to Blagoevgrad and I have a 9years old daughter (grade 4) who speaks only English. Can anyone suggest a school?Is it practical considering the distance and winer weather in Bulgaria to drive her to school from Blagoevgrad to Sofia?