Can i travel outside romania with my permis de sedere?

Hi, I want to go outside Romania like amsterdam or other schengen states.. would it be possible to travel with only my permission de sedere from romania? Thanks

You absolutely need your passport.  Your permis de sedere is only for when  you leave/enter Romania - it will not get you into other countries.  You would also need to check with the country you are visiting to determine requirements for visa depending on where you are from.  Most have a 90 day tourist visa but again that depends on where your passport is from.  Check with your country's embassy in those countries to see what is required (if anything) in the way of visa.

hello,good day! i have a permes de sedere,i'm married with romanian,and my sister-in-law wants me to go with her having a vacation for 10 days in Greece..it would be fine traveling with her with my permes de sedere?and of course with passport..because i heard some people that if traveling outside romania,you need to be with your husband. I just want to clarify about this issue..and by the way,we will not be riding a plane going there in Greece,but by land.. Hope someone will share their ideas about this..Thanks!

sugarvito09 wrote:

hello,good day! i have a permes de sedere,i'm married with romanian,and my sister-in-law wants me to go with her having a vacation for 10 days in Greece..it would be fine traveling with her with my permes de sedere?and of course with passport..because i heard some people that if traveling outside romania,you need to be with your husband. I just want to clarify about this issue..and by the way,we will not be riding a plane going there in Greece,but by land.. Hope someone will share their ideas about this..Thanks!

You must be traveling with your spouse (or the family member which sponsored your permis de sedere) in order to have visa-free travel, it does not matter if you travel by land or air, the rules are the same. 

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

will the sponsor of my permit de sedere was my husband,.so it wouldn't be allowed if my companion will be his sister?..

No, it won't be allowed.  You will need to apply for a visa if you are not traveling with your husband, however it should cost nothing and be issued within 15 days.

Please review this link:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr … dex_en.htm

Romaniac

Thank you for the info...