Any job for Environmentalist?

Hi guys I have doctorate in Environmental and Soil Science, do you have any tips where to look for a job? I've already tried job boards, ngo job postings etc.. Thanks for any help :)

The first things ...

Are there any Indonesians qualified, willing and able to do the job?
If yes, you can't get a work permit to do it.

Most jobs available to foreigners require 5 years experience.
Do you have that?

I don't know if there's many Indonesians having PhD. in particular field, that's why I'm asking if anyone knows about any position requiring such education here.

I do have 5 years of experience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_u … #Indonesia

Indonesia[edit]
Department of Soil Science and Land Resources, Bogor Agricultural University[10]
Department of Soil Science and Land Resources, Padjadjaran University, Bandung[11]
Soil Science, Gadjah Mada University[12]

Good old wiki

Well Bandung University was calling me to teach there, but when they found out I don't have kitas, they said can't help me :)

Thank you anyway, I will try also others that you suggested.

A KITAS will only be issued after a work permit has been granted and that permit is specific to a given job at a given location.
It isn't easy to get as the employer has to prove they can't find an Indonesian citizen willing and able to do the job AND prove you can.
It's also expensive.

Yeah I know all of that, but it's still not impossible, many international companies prefer expats for some positions. That's why I am asking if anyone could give me tip, because you can't usually find such positions from big companies on job boards.

It's expensive and I doubt that Universities can afford sponsoring me.

You mentioned the uni refusing you when they found out you didn't have a KITAS, but that only saved you the potential hassle of working illegally as any KITAS issued for anything else would have been useless anyway.

Yeah well that is what I don't understand Fred. Oh ya maybe it was about KITAP? Then you can work anywhere or?

Anyways thank you, I've been here some time already.. but things still can get confusing sometimes and it is basically impossible to get interview without being recommended by someone.

jana_v wrote:

Yeah well that is what I don't understand Fred. Oh ya maybe it was about KITAP? Then you can work anywhere or?

Anyways thank you, I've been here some time already.. but things still can get confusing sometimes and it is basically impossible to get interview without being recommended by someone.

KITAP is a little different, that being pretty much mostly issued to those married to an Indonesian and it allows informal work without a work permit.
If you have been married to an Indonesian for over two years a KITAP is all but guaranteed.
That would allow you casual, non contracted work or working withing your family's business if they have one.

KITAS is a limit stay permit that is issued for a variety of reasons including work, but you must get a work permit before a KITAS will be issued for the purpose of work.
The work permit is issued for a single job title at a single location.

Working without the permit and KITAS can attract heavy fines, prison time and deportation.

What visa are you on at the moment?

Yeah I think the university thought I'm already married to Indonesian, which is not true yet, that's what probably made the confusion.

I'm using social visa, which was okay while I was having intership and after my bf sponsoring me. I would like to get proper job now, cos I've already used my six months three times, always have to leave the country etc.. Anyway, I'll keep looking :) Thanks!

Once you're married your visa problem is solved but NOT the work issue.
That still requires a work permit so the offered post on KITAS only was illegal and could have left you in serious trouble.
A lot of employers are unaware of the rules and others simply ignore them as the chances of them getting into trouble is pretty much zero as the illegal worker takes the hammer.