Hair salons

Hi Everyone,

We are looking at the possibility of moving from South Africa to Mauritius. I am a hair stylist, and I would like to find out what the hair salons are like there? What are the general brands used i.e Goldwell, Wella, Schwarzkopf etc? And what are the average prices for their services?

Thank you.

Hi

In Mauritius, there are about 4 successful hair saloon chain which offers quality service to their clients, however rental depending on locations may reach to about (Rand) R 20000 a month.

Service charge ranges from R100 to R1000 per client.

There are also about 1000 smaller hair saloon, as corner outlet throughout the island.

If you offer quality service, create a name, in a relatively short time you will succeed.

My family is in the hairdressing business for some time now. (without boasting) we have the finest salons running under the brand Maison Sasha (led by Sasha). Salons are in Curepipe, Trianon Shopping Mall (Shoprite) and Port Louis. Other points are opening soon.

Brands we worked with : Paul Mitchell, Spalicious, American Crew, Redken, Intraceuticals, OPI, Nissim, ... and lots more. We also run training institutions in the hairdressing business (Sasha the School, Shareef Hairdressing School).

With some knowledge in this sector, I'd be glad to answer some of your question (if I can).

@Aerovision: from where did you get your figures?

From where did you get these figures please?

The information is available at all Local Authorities, trade license section.
Mr Nadeem, if you have an assessment to do regarding the number of operators in any field,  you can ask the respective Local Authority, however details about each operator is confidential.
You can contact me for more info.

Hi,

You should consider taking-over an ongoing salon/beauty centre.
This would allow you to take advantage of 'Occupational Permit' delivered by government authorities.

Taking over a business or creating a new one, doesn't really make any difference towards Occupation Permit.

What makes the difference is the applicant's qualifications / track-record, the industry where he is investing and the project he has in mind (add-value services, innovation, etc.)

Thank you Aerovision