66 years old...Health insurance...impossible?

Is it impossible to get an good Health insurance policy in Medellin if I am 66 years old?  Will Medellin Prepaid insurance accept me? Which companies?

Hello,

You can get "Pre-pagado" insurance, until the age of 70 or 80 (with a physical, and not including pre-existing conditions) with many companies. I will tell you that the premium will be really high and it's better the stick with an EPS and save that monthly premium in case of an emergency. My grandmother pays almost 3'000,000 a month, granted she is grandfathered on an old plan but her premium raises with her age.

Good luck.

gurrego wrote:

You can get "Pre-pagado" insurance, until the age of 70 or 80 (with a physical, and not including pre-existing conditions) with many companies. I will tell you that the premium will be really high and it's better the stick with an EPS and save that monthly premium in case of an emergency.

What's the difference between "pre-pagado" (prepaid) insurance offered by many companies .. and insurance through the EPS program  -- "better (to) stick with an EPS and save money"?

Wouldn't the prepagado insurance cover in case of an emergency?

cccmedia in La Zona Cafetera

Or in Bogota or anywhere else in Colombia? I'm finding information/specifics to be seriously lacking and contradictory!!

But can one even GET EPS as a legal resident expat over 60 without paying an extra premium elsewhere? I've read there is a maximum age of 60-63 for first time EPS enrollees. But this is not clear. I find this inconsistent with a country whose laws seem to say that health care is a right and that requires that expat residents be enrolled in some plan or other..... or so it seems.....