LAX to DAD with a dog

Hi all,

First of all, I know about the dangers of dog ownership in Vietnam, so while I appreciate any well-intentioned warnings not to do it, it's a virtual certainty at this point that we WILL do it. We've got a great opportunity to live in Da Nang and our dog is our baby, so she's coming.

The only problem right now is HOW to do it.

Our dog is a 35 lb. border collie mix, so she'd need to fly as cargo/freight. Thus far, we haven't had much luck finding airlines that fly LAX to Da Nang and have an appropriate aircraft for the second leg into Da Nang. Most seem to fly A320s or A330s, which tend not to have the right pressurization/temp control for pets.

Does anyone have advice on which airlines do fly LAX->DAD and can carry pets the whole way?

Thanks!

Maybe you can try LAX-SGN first. Those are big cities so bigger aircrafts are available for you big puppy.

For SGN-DAD, you will find nothing. I suggest you guys to rent a privat car. It gonna takes long long time but it's for the sake of the puppy. If you want a good private car, you can PM me. I personally know a very good driver that I always use to help transport my friends and their massive kitesurfing stuff from Saigon to Mui Ne and sometimes all the way to the North. My friends willing to pay in exchange for freedom and flexibility   :D

I don't know if moderation team would allow me to post a link here, but you may want to consult with Saigon Pet Clinic (http://saigonpethospital.com/).

They have a service to relocate pets, they maybe able to give you good consultation.

Also Hanoi is closer to Da Nang than Saigon... you can also try train from Saigon to Da Nang or Hanoi

I would strongly advise avoiding Hanoi, but I'd also strongly advise leaving the pooch at home.

I never saw a open dog market in Saigon, though they may exist.  I've seen several in the north, however, with Hanoi being the epicenter of this "cultural" practice.