Can a pregnant woman get work visa from Saudi MoH?

My wife is working in Oman as a staff Nurse. She got an offet letter from Saudi MoH who recently came to India for recuitment of nurses. They issued the offer letter with salary and place of posting etc. They have asked to finish the certificate attestation formalities at the earliest. But between that we came to know that she is pregnant for 2 months almost. I am in tension now that whether we can get a work visa for her after arranging all these certificates? please help me

If she passed the medical test for visa from home country as stipulated by the saudi embassy then she should not face any issue. Its not a disease , to reject visa application, rather a blessing.

Hi Guru,

I agree with you, and what you said makes common sense but to my knowledge, at the time of medical examination, if the lady is found to be pregnant,  she will be expected to deliver and then proceed to the new employment.

Let us for the time being look at the situation from the prospective employer's perspective. As soon as an expatriate employee is on board, the employer has an un interrupted work plan for him or her for at least 12 months.

I believe ladies who have started their jobs recently with MoH will be in a position to give best advise. :)

riazcdki wrote:

Hi Guru,

I agree with you, and what you said makes common sense but to my knowledge, at the time of medical examination, if the lady is found to be pregnant,  she will be expected to deliver and then proceed to the new employment.

Let us for the time being look at the situation from the prospective employer's perspective. As soon as an expatriate employee is on board, the employer has an un interrupted work plan for him or her for at least 12 months.

I believe ladies who have started their jobs recently with MoH will be in a position to give best advise. :)

Agree with you  totally
If she was pregnant, she will not pass the medical exam.
Good luck