Life in Hafr Al-Batin

Hello
I got an offer to work in Hafr Al-Batin, I just want to ask how is life there?
Thank you

jaaamjaaam wrote:

Hello
I got an offer to work in Hafr Al-Batin, I just want to ask how is life there?
Thank you

If you're ok with house-work-house set-up it's fine. I worked and lived there for 6 years, I survived😀

Thank you for your reply maam. but i just alao want to ask if how's the accommodation, culture, markets? because its difficult to search in the internet. Thank you again.

I was with KKMC (NAAFH) and the accommodation was great. Solo room, carpeted, shared bathroom and kitchen.

We had regular trips to the groceries and cities like Riyadh and Al Khobar. I left 2012 but my friends say now there are additional shops.

If it's your first time to work overseas, it's a good place to save money but if you easily gets homesick and likes to go out often, you might struggle.

Then again, if the pay is good, go for it and make friends over there. I had great friends there and I can't find the same here in Riyadh😀

But maam how safe is the place? because as i see it's near the border of saudi?

I was assigned in Philippine Saudi Center for physical therapist. do you know any information about there? thank you

jaaamjaaam wrote:

But maam how safe is the place? because as i see it's near the border of saudi?

It's safe and you just have to be cautious and careful. When you go shopping, make sure you walk fast, make a poker face (don't smile too much), cover your hair....and make sure you don't squeeze yourself in a crowd :)

Just don't walk around alone and never trust a stranger.

jaaamjaaam wrote:

I was assigned in Philippine Saudi Center for physical therapist. do you know any information about there? thank you

Never heard of Philippine Saudi Center but Hafr Al Batin is just a small place...

You may ask your agency to show you a picture of your future accommodation and at least a picture and description of the Center.

Mam good day po. May job offer po ako dyan sa NAAFH Hafr Al Batin as nurse Ask ko lng po kung may recreational activities dyan like basketball.

Yes, there is a swimming pool and a gym too. housing accomodation is also comfortable😀

Ilang hours po b sya from Riyadh? By bus po.

6 hours.' They have a regular week-end trip to Riyadh and Al-Khobar for free. All you have to do is to book for your transport as it is first-come-first served basis. Please post your comments in English so others can also understand🙂.

Goodluck!

What are the things to expect working in KKMC NAAFH? How is the working environment? Thank you mam.

It differs when it's your first time or not. If you're a first-timer, then you have to be prepared working with different people with different cultural background and it's not just in Hafr Al Batin alone.

Since I was here in 2007-2012, I could not give you a better picture of the working environment, but, most of my friends both from Nursing and admin are still there happily working.

My advice, just do your job, know the existing policies and procedure, learn from your colleagues, be a professional, be a team player, work hard without stepping on someone else, be tough and most of all, choose your friends😀.

I mean "since I was there"

Thank you so much mam.

conniesky wrote:

I was with KKMC (NAAFH) and the accommodation was great. Solo room, carpeted, shared bathroom and kitchen.

We had regular trips to the groceries and cities like Riyadh and Al Khobar. I left 2012 but my friends say now there are additional shops.

If it's your first time to work overseas, it's a good place to save money but if you easily gets homesick and likes to go out often, you might struggle.

Then again, if the pay is good, go for it and make friends over there. I had great friends there and I can't find the same here in Riyadh😀

No way , NAAFH .

I was born in that hospital .

Which section of the hospital were you working in ?

I spent 23 years in that city .

KKMC , was my home town .

Well talking about NAAFH , it's one of the best hospitals I've seen .

Talking about KKMC of course it's not a big city like Dammam or Riyadh , but slowly it's growing .

Panda a big shopping retailer opened it's branch inside the city .

Regarding recreational services , you got the gym , pool which are highly maintained .

A library too near the recreational center , but it's been a while and I don't know what's new now .

In short , it's a good place to save money , work and save money .

So that's about KKMC , King Khalid Military City where NAAFH is located ..

If you look for Hafr Al Batin , that's the main commercial city , around 80+ km far from KKMC .

It's usually not that developed , but you'll find shops , a lot of them , things you can't find in KKMC , you'll get them easily in Hafr Al Batin .

Initially assigned in Adult ICU and Integrated Chinese Medicine then was transferred to Academic Affairs and Training Department after a year.

I enjoyed my work there and yeah I agree, it's a small place but really best place to save some money.

There was no Panda yet when I was there but my frinds are saying it's much better now when it comes to shopping😀

You're most welcome kabayan👍

I will be assign in ICU in NAAFH. How was it working in ICU there? Thank you po.

You'll be ok there, it's not that toxic. The doctors are no longer the same when I was there but some of the nurses that I know are still there.

Good to hear that. How about nurse patient ratio po?

1:2 lol. Joke, let me check with the Head Nurse, I'll give you an update later.

1:1. - very critical (on ventilator)
1:2 - stable pts

Are there any OT? If yes, how many hours? What is the nationality of the Head Nurse there mam? And how many ICU bed capacity?  Thank you.

She is South African.

Other details you want to know, I suggest you discuss it with your agency.

Thank you so much po for answering all my queries mam. Godbless

You're welcome. I'd like to help you with all your queries but am afraid some details should be just between you and your would-be empoyer🙂.

hi im from hafer al baten welcome
it is bad cety but you will survive 😂

Hi, i am transferring to hafr baten and im looking for a bed space or room for rent, do you have any recommendation? Thanks

Hi! I just moved to Hafar from the US and found the women's gym but there no weights, just cardio equipment. Any ideas on how/where to get weights? Thanks for the help!

U lucky found gyn here lol

Can anyone confirm whether schools for expat children's are there in Hafr Al Batin ? as I couldn't see much on Internet.

Kindly as a female guide me as I have offered a Job in uni and having one son 11 years old

I need someone contact number, thanku, regards dr bushra

Hi does anyone know the Salary for dental nurse in kkmc?

Somebody currently working in Hafr Al-Batin?

I got an offer to work at King Khalid General Hospital

Anyone working in Hafr Al batin