Rental prices and a used vehicle to purchase

Hi I am moving to Grand Cayman in a few weeks (female and moving alone). I am hoping to find an apartment in the South Sound area. What kind of rental prices should I expect for a two bedroom and related costs? And where are the best places to search for a used vehicle to purchase?

I don't really know anyone living in the Cayman Islands, is it easy to meet people/ make friends?

Thanks

Pepilla wrote:

Hi I am moving to Grand Cayman in a few weeks (female and moving alone). I am hoping to find an apartment in the South Sound area. What kind of rental prices should I expect for a two bedroom and related costs? And where are the best places to search for a used vehicle to purchase?
I don't really know anyone living in the Cayman Islands, is it easy to meet people/ make friends?

I presume you've already read the "New Resident", as recommended before on this thread https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=343410. That should have helped you. Also, most employers go out of their way to give good advice to newbies - including on how and where to make friends. I think there are a few other St Lucians here; you could ask around on your home island before you leave.

Hi everyone and welcome on board Pepilla,

Please note that this new thread has been created from your post on the Cayman Islands forum so that you may better interact with members.

All the best,
Bhavna