Schooling

hello my names Louise myself and my family are planning a move to Cyprus my little girl is 7 and will be needing a new school, I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone could give or share any experiences they have had with looking for a new school and what to expect

thankyou

I tried to post as well a few times info about schools (my daughter is 12)  and did not get any reply at all  :(

I would be interested in  how the school system is working, like the UK/Ireland? Is it free and how is it for a child to join with no greek yet but English....

I cannot comment as dont have children - but i can say that I know a lot of people with children here and they are schooled here - they dont seem to have any issues - i think lessons are in both greek and english

I guess a good starting point would be to decided on the areas you may seek to live and then ask what schools are available in those areas - then contact the schools directly - get direct information then ask again about specific schools

Thanks Toon for your reply. I just wanted to know if they are free or if schools have fees. And of course if there are any opinions about wether one grammar school is more recommended than others.  But dont seem to get any reply at all :-(

Yes we are going on holidays soon and I will go and have a loook!
Thanks

sadly the cyprus blog pages are not very active - you may be better trying the facebooks where why how Paphos page, ask anythign paphos or Paphos expat Circle pages  or similar in the areas you are interested in.

I do wish it was more active but it doesnt seem to be doing much - lots of readers but not many coming forward to offer assistance