Opportunities in Leeuwarden

Hello my fellow expats! :)

I am from India and moved to Leeuwarden from Den Haag on last November with my wife. She works here on a work permit and I am here as her dependent. Though I have a valid residence permit with work permit it is reeeeaally hard to find a english job here in LWD. I am still learning dutch and it might take a little longer than I expected ;-)

I use to work in a call center / customer service for about 10 years and have excellent knowledge and fluency in English and computers. Any suggestions and ideas to find a job here?

As I am an Artist, i use my spare time (almost all of my time is a spare time :-( as i am unemployed now) to paint pictures and make craft items. I also tried to offer classes for art and craft but that too requires Dutch. Kinda feeling lonely as well at times :-( Any suggestions and company will be most appreciated regarding job search :-)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As you've discovered, it's really hard to get a job in Holland without speaking Dutch.  To be honest, most of the English speaking jobs will be with the multi-nationals, so perhaps you should try and find those.  Ironically, most of the call centre jobs have moved out to places like India.

You say you're an artist, perhaps you should concentrate on that skill and develop that into a business; selling your output at the local markets?

Thanks Cynic. That's what I am looking forward to. It's hard to feel the pulse of the Dutch  and how to approach them. Let's see what other's experience are like.... can learn a lot in that...