Lost Iqama outside the Kingdom

Good day fellow travelers.

I am from South Africa And have been in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for just over a year now.

I work for the Olympic committee as an implimentation officer for sports programmes.

I have just recently gone on leave to South Africa and had the misfortune of losing my Iqama today.

I have tried looking for help on the net but I can only find answers on what to do if you lose it in the Kingdom and not when you are outside. I am scared as I do not know if I will be aloud back without mine?

Some must needed help is needed as I  really am panicking.
How do I go about reporting it if I am outside the country ?

I do not want to tell my sponsor until I know exactly what to do and expect.
I am new to the site so if anyone has an answer for me can you please reply to this post. I would greatly and deeply appreciate any help relating to this.
I would like to thank you in advance for this

Contact the nearest embassy of the KSA as soon as possible. TODAY!!!

UP !

Nothing happens if it's lost out of country. They don't check iqama while coming back. Enter the country normally, lodge the police complaint immediately once you enter the kingdom for the "lost iqama", pay the required fine and get the new iqama.

Mariem88 wrote:

Nothing happens if it's lost out of country. They don't check iqama while coming back. Enter the country normally, lodge the police complaint immediately once you enter the kingdom for the "lost iqama", pay the required fine and get the new iqama.

I agree with Mariem. Better if you also secure a police report from where you lost it, have it translated to Arabic and present it together with the police report from here and give it to your sponsor.

I think lodging a police complaint there will complicate the situation as I heard from many people that you are not allowed to travel out of kingdom with your iqama (although people do it), they might hold this against you.
Bottom line is it's not a very scary situation.

Mariem88 wrote:

II heard from many people that you are not allowed to travel out of kingdom with your iqama.

That was before that you have to surrender your iqama in exchange for your passport whenever you travel.

Now you can have them both plus they are checking it at the airport and other countries like Dubai asks for the original (not sure if it's for everyone)

You're right though, it's not a scary thing so long as he document the loss, pay the penalty to get a new one.

Just make sure you have with you a copy of the police report and temporary iqama and your passport whenever you go out, for security purposes.

Not an issue, has happened with my brother...

Come back to Kingdom and then apply stating that you lost it from the Kingdom as you are not supposed to take it out of the Kingdom.

It would cost you around 3000 including penalty and duplicate issuance fees.

Hope it helps

Ali_N wrote:

you are not supposed to take it out of the Kingdom

Really? I did not know that....I've had 3 out of the Kingdom trips late last year and I brought my iqama with me even presented it to the counter.

Thanks for the info though :)

Yeah, have done multiple number of exits and entires, not even once have the authorities at the immigration asked for Iqama. Although have heard from many people "legally" it's not allowed to take iqama out of the country. Even though I always carry it with me.

Sorry all, you can take iqama with you to certain locations.  If you are visiting GCC you need to get visa on arrival for which you need original iqama.  There is no issue if you take your iqama with you when you travel abroad like before.

What you need to do is contact your company first, inform them about this and then when you return to KSA, your company will initiate the process which involves a fine and reissuing the iqama.

There the expert HRguru goes😀

Primadonna wrote:

Contact the nearest embassy of the KSA as soon as possible. TODAY!!!

lol @ contact near embassy.

Hi Coach Aj,
Fine for lost iqama is SR. 1,000. I have posted some details in your inbox pls check them.
one thing i am intrested to know, what does implementation officer does :)

Ehtesham wrote:

Hi Coach Aj,
Fine for lost iqama is SR. 1,000. I have posted some details in your inbox pls check them.
one thing i am intrested to know, what does implementation officer does :)

C'mon Ehtesham ------he implements !!!

HRGuru wrote:

Sorry all, you can take iqama with you to certain locations.  If you are visiting GCC you need to get visa on arrival for which you need original iqama.  There is no issue if you take your iqama with you when you travel abroad like before.

What you need to do is contact your company first, inform them about this and then when you return to KSA, your company will initiate the process which involves a fine and reissuing the iqama.

My bad too...GCC countries they do ask Iqama...

hamudi wrote:

[ lol @ contact near embassy.

And contact the hrguru🙂

Dont bother me, I wont help. I am very traditional HR.  :D:D

typical HR  :rolleyes:

Dear Sir
reference to your post on 17th Jan 2017 . The exact Same situation has happened to me i am a Canadian travelling out side KSA and i lost my wallet with my Original Iqama can you please let me know how did you manage to go in again did they ask you for your iqama at airline counter before boarding , Did you manage to get a replacement ? please help me with all the information you have

Regards
Naveed