European in Qatar

Hello, I got the job opportunity in Qatar, so Im asking how is a life there for english speaking woman from Europe? What can I expect? I love traveling and meeting the different cultures so this would be a great experience. And would be nice to meet some other foreigners..
Misa

u will be welcome everywhere,,
language is not a problem,

Hi Misa,

Feel free to have a look at the Living in Qatar guide as well.
There are some information that might probably help you.

Have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

There are no problems with respect to language, everyone you will deal with speaks English.
Qatar is NOT Saudi!!! Women are very free to go and do what they want, within the limit of decorum (Don't go and run down the street shirtless). However, even though it is basically safe for the women, there will be some harassment, but only in so far as "Feeling". A look that stay a bit too long on you in some places, feeling that someone is talking behind your back, etc...
However, the expat community is very open and many of my friends (male and female) are enjoying their life very much.
It will all depend on your disposition, your job and employer (length of the week) and a little bit on your location.

Good luck

Welcome to Qatar :)

Most of people here are speaking English, even at the down jobs, at least to the extent you can deal with. No problem at all with the English language.

The country is very quiet and to good extend is economically stable. Everything is available and there is large European community here. The country culture is warm and you will find a lot to do with friends. It is very safe here for women and you will feel the respect for women everywhere and on all levels, really this is one of the most distinguished things here.

Wish you all success :)