ORIENTAL MEDICINE

I suffer from arthritis and I am interested to know if anyone has used the oriental medicine market in district 5.  are there people there who have knowledge of arthritis and the correct medicines  to use?  I am a strong believer in tradition medicine remedies and any responses will be gladly received.

I'm also interested as I have gout at the moment, my left foot is looking like a small foot (hehe) ball, gout is a form of arthritis..... I just Googled this for my self, looks interesting https://agelessherbs.com/gout/natural-a … ive-herbs/

That is my single most favorite place in Saigon. The odors are amazing. Unfortunate that few tourists find it, not the best place for walking because of the traffic hub and commercial nature of the place. Whenever I get a chance, like when moving between apartments, or a late arrival from the airport, I stay at a 2 star nhà nghỉ kind of hotel in one of the front rooms with balcony, Truong Giang.

There are many wholesalers of hay-bale size herbs and who-knows-what on the big street, not what you want, but if you cross and walk up Triệu Quang Phục there are also apothecaries with racks of small jars, and I have a feeling they won't be shy with recommendations.

http://i.imgur.com/jyb6yps.jpg

Thank you, that is so very helpful.  Very much appreciated.

Best regards, Simon

MarkinNam wrote:

I'm also interested as I have gout at the moment, my left foot is looking like a small foot (hehe) ball, gout is a form of arthritis..... I just Googled this for my self, looks interesting https://agelessherbs.com/gout/natural-a … ive-herbs/

For 99%+ of the population there are a number of medicines that can easily cure gout. If you have one of the Thalassemias, your red blood cells are more or less small, malformed, short lived and fragile and the the normal gout medicines can be deadly as they stress the red blood cells. Unfortunately, we live where Thalassemia is rather common and Thalassemia does make gout more likely.

Note, thalassemia is a collection of very different impacts on red blood cells

I know this stuff because my wife of 46 years is dying from untreatable, because of thalassemia related, gout. We had access to first class care in America and world class care here in Viet Nam.

Short answer, useful herbs are generally unrefined versions of refined drugs. if you also have undiagnosed thalassemia, the herbs can kill you as quickly as prescription drugs can kill you. You do need to find out if you have thalassemia. See an Oncologist for screening and you may need to go to the Government Blood Hospital in TP HCM for a definitive blood test.

I know that doctors do read this forum. Please add to what I've said as long as you are experienced with thalassemia.

cheers ong gai70+ hehehe, I checked it out and none of the symptoms apply, especially the last, mine is only 3" Wide hehehehe. in fact my gp thought i may have too much fe being produced but just a fatty liver symptom, my gout is the rich mans disease and red wine , bia, liver and internal organs does it ( all the stuff the book of Leviticus tells us not to eat ) turmeric is good for inflammation ginger celery seeds, there is a huge list of ways to fix it, a Vn friend works at a beauticians and got my a foot soak which seems to work
paleness
frequent infections
a poor appetite
failure to thrive
jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
enlarged organs