Following fashion in Egypt

Hi everyone,

Do you follow fashion trends in Egypt? Every country and every culture has its own dress code. As far as you are concerned, have you changed the way you dress?

Can one easily find fashion boutiques in Egypt? Are clothes expensive there? Or cheap?

What do Egyptians usually wear or like to wear the most?

Share your experience!

Priscilla

Hi, though I am not Egyptian but being living with them for over 4 years I got these to share with you;  many youths in Egypt prepare western dress, and the girls love passion so much to the extent that they wear identical colours from the trousers to the top.

For the fashion boutique,  I can say everywhere you go in Egypt you will see boutiques,  and for how much it costs, depends on where and what you buy, clothes at shopping mall are more expensive and way more Fashionable than the street boutique. I bought a blazer at mall that costs 700 pounds and trouser 450 pounds at Zara brand Mall of arabia ( at he rate of 18 Egyptian pounds = One dollar ) , it's worth it if one is passion prick like me.

As an old (65+) lady, I like to follow fashion but don't really follow enough to buy "fashionable" clothes. Besides, the clothes available at fast fashion shops like Zara or H&M are of such poor quality and sold at rather high prices that I wouldn't buy them even if I did want to be "fashionable".

I'd love to know where I can buy high quality clothing that isn't Islamic in style.

The Egyptian local fabrics for middle class family is bull shit. Whole country has awesome imported clothes. But some factories who do export is good fabrics. I am very close to Egyptian clothes and fabrics, it is my business.