Housing in Muscat

Hi,

My husband got a job offer in Muscat, Oman. I am looking to get some information for a couple such as living expenses, housing, job opportunities and ....

but first and most important factor for me is housing. I would like to know which area to search for and how much is it for a 2/3 bedroom property in Muscat .

and we are trying to how much would be a living expense per month .

Whats the salary range for a lawyer in Muscat?

I would appreciate if you throw me some taught

Kindly browse through the forum, there are many posts that can answer many of your questions. If you search the "Cost of Living Threads" you will get plenty of information in this regard.

With regards to housing, if you let us know the location of your husband's work, we may advise on some of the nearby neighbourhoods that you may consider while looking for a place to stay.

Thanks for your response.

He will be working in RUWI but he doesn't mind commuting. what's important for us to live in a nice neighborhood. I don't like very very quiet neighborhood as i am living currently in a crowded city. I also prefer new and modern style properties than old ones.

Few questions, Would you recommend The Wave ? is it in good neighborhood or Madinat Sultan Al Qaboos is better?

Good day,

It all depends on your lifestyle.  You can find places from 250 a month Rial to 1200 a month Rial. Some furnished some not. Some utilities included some not.  There are many realtor sites you can google and see what is available and their locations.

thanks for your response. I know there are a lot of realators but my problem is that i dont know which area is good for living,

please recommend

For an easier commute to Ruwi I would recommend Madinat Sultan Qaboos or Qurum Area. Al Khwair and Bousher can be a good option too.

The Wave, Dolphin Village are very nice gated communities with nice and modern facilities. Can be quite pricey but will provide you with a decent lifestyle and good vibes. Majority of people living there are expats.

Thank you

For the Wave property, what kind of nationalities mostly live there?

How about Madinat Sultan AL Qaboos?

If I am looking for nice and a bit higher class neighborhood, which area would you recommend?

Could you please also advise on the prices in that neighborhood?

PegahO wrote:

Thank you

For the Wave property, what kind of nationalities mostly live there?

How about Madinat Sultan AL Qaboos?

If I am looking for nice and a bit higher class neighborhood, which area would you recommend?

Could you please also advise on the prices in that neighborhood?

Many nationalities lives in the Wave, mostly western expats.

The difference between The Wave Area and Madinat Sultan Qaboos (MSQ) is that the first is a gated community as I mentioned earlier, the latter is a district that includes plenty of gated communities as well as standalone properties. The expats at MSQ are more diverse than the Wave, and more Omani nationals live there as well.

For Nice and Higher Class Neighborhood, I would recommend the Wave and Dolphin Village in Bousher.

Two Bedrooms Apartment in the Wave might be between 750-1000 OMR depending on whether its furnished or not. A one Bedroom Apartment will be a little cheaper.

I would recommend Madinat Sultan Qaboos or Qurum Area. Al Khwair and Bousher .

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Adverts are not allowed on the forum. Please drop an advert in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct