Bike rental Malta

Hi,

Searching for a good bicycle rental in Malta.
I see Eco bikes has taken a winter holiday, but perhaps there are other rental companies you would recommend?

Check out 'Bicycling Advocacy Group- Malta' on Facebook. You'll get better info there. Nextbike bike sharing is also available now but in Sliema, San Gwann, St Julian's, Msida... They are still working on it as the infrastructure- as you have prob noticed- is rather lacking :).

when you are in the center, download the Nextbike Malta app.
Otherwise check Maltapark or bike dealers for used bikes, this might be cheaper on long term

Does anyone know anything about NextBike? Everywhere else I've lived or visited, bikeshares have been free for the first 30-60 minutes, to encourage people to just grab a bike for short point-to-point trips, rather than adding to traffic, pollution, and crowding. As the programme gets going, will the prices be adjusted to encourage use? Is there a partnership with Malta Public Transport? It would be very convenient to have Nextbike locations included in the tallinja app.

I have no membership, only use it every now and then ... when I'm too tired to walk.
First 30min are 1,50 and then 1 Euro for every next 30min. Membership rates are much lower. They also offer special partner prices and corporate rates. Maybe some Online Gaming firms will be interested since they are more open minded than traditional companies.
I do not think there will be a partnership with Public Transport Malta, since at the moment nextbike operates only in the central areas and there they are competitors to the buses  :mad:

Yeah with a membership the first 30 minutes is free and then it's about  50 cents per 30 minutes. Check their website. I live in Sliena so it's convenient to dash around to Gzira or a short ride at Pembroke and stay within the free 30 minutes. They are waiting on approval for stations at Floriana and then I'll ride to Valletta when I need to go there.
Agree it would be great in conjunction with Public Transport...