Canadian/Egyptian marring Omani man

Hi everyone I have dual citizenship (Egyptian /Canadian ) and the man I want to marry is omani working for the UAE government (police) we would live in Dubai i can get a job in Dubai so I won't have to worry about status but can he lose his job in Dubai since he isn't allowed to marry a foreigner according to Omani law? And would he have any problems going to Oman to see his family?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated

I don't think your marriage will have any effect on his job. The only problem will be getting your marriage recognized and attested in Oman, it's such a lengthy process and takes long time to finalize. He can come back to Oman at anytime, your marriage won't affect on that as well.

Do we have to do that in Oman? And can our kids have Omani citizenship?

I don't have any idea about the citizenship rules in Oman; but you first need to get the marriage certificate attested/recognized.

Ok thank you

Sorry I don't have an answer. Just wanted to say congratulations and all the best to both.

Rana1085 wrote:

Hi everyone I have dual citizenship (Egyptian /Canadian ) and the man I want to marry is omani working for the UAE government (police) we would live in Dubai i can get a job in Dubai so I won't have to worry about status but can he lose his job in Dubai since he isn't allowed to marry a foreigner according to Omani law? And would he have any problems going to Oman to see his family?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated

Hi Rana,

I would like to check if there's any update, Were you able to get married? We are thinking of doing the same but we will get married under Philippine Sharia law. Then i will be staying in Dubai and he will continue working in Oman. I mean atleast we are married in the law of God, we will deal with the Law of Man later.

We are both on our early 30s so we need to take time to wait till he'll be 45 so we can register our marriage. But we'll surely have kid(s) with Philippine passport.

Thanks,
Jenny