Permanent visa for marriage

Hello, I'm Brazilian, my fiancé is Pakistani from Karachi, and wants me to travel to Pakistan for marriage, I want to live in Pakistan, I want to know if this is possible, because I've read a lot and it seems very difficult.

Hello there,

The best thing for you is to register your marriage with this Pakistani guy in Brazil first.

The second step will be to apply for a visitor's visa to Pakistan which will be issued from Pakistan high commission in Brazil.

Once you are in Pakistan, your husband can apply for your Pakistani citizenship or you could retain your Brazilian nationality and get an unconditional stay in Pakistan on the basis of your marriage. :)

thanks my friend.

The answer to the "I want to know if this is possible" could be multi dimensional and would like to help and advise in best possible way. The possibility and more importantly "lasting there" depends on many factors. Are you or family is from Pakistan? How do you know and how long you know your fiancee.....stuff like that

anny0777 wrote:

Hello, I'm Brazilian, my fiancé is Pakistani from Karachi, and wants me to travel to Pakistan for marriage, I want to live in Pakistan, I want to know if this is possible, because I've read a lot and it seems very difficult.

Staying in Pakistan

Pakistan has kind of Green Card (Permanent resident), and it can be renewed every 5 year. So if you have Pakistani husband you can stay in Pakistan by using this card.

But I think The Paksitani government stopped giving the PR card atm, so you need to apply the regular visa for staying in Pakistan with your husband. And it can be renewed every year.

Marriage

It's oke if you want to get married  either in Pakistan or in Brazil as long as you register the marriage in both countries.

For example : you get married in Pakistan legally then you need to register the marriage in Brazil too.

Things you need to do before the Marriage

1. Documents that needed in Pakistan, as you want to get married in Pakistan you need to know what documents they need. Do you need to translate your document into Urdu language or English? Do you need to bring your birth certificate? And etc.

2. Documents for registering the marriage in Brazil. You need to gather many information about this in details as I found some couples who got married in Pakistan, had a problem to register the marriage in other countries due to the documents weren't  suit with the requirements.

3. Make sure that this is not a fraud.
I heard so many cases the future brides were left in the Airport. A serious Pakistani man will introduce you to his family members, including his mother and father. If the parents bless the marriage and accept you as their daughter in law, they will talk to you even though they can't speak neither English nor your language. They also want to see your pictures too. And make sure the parents are real not the fake parents (the person who pretends to be his parent).

So if your fiance hasn't  done this things, don't put your hope up on him.

4. If your fiance is a muslim and his family is NOT extremely modern, then you need to rethink about it 100 times.
Specially if you need to stay with his parents and your fiance has married-older brothers who also stay with them.

For Indonesians, where their country has the largest muslim population in the world and still hold east culture (norm, politeness, local culture etc), they still hard to suit their self in Pakistani culture as the culture is so different with them and most of Pakistanis are tougher when Most Indonesians have soft hearted, friendly and love to smile even to strangers. Too friendly and giving smiles to male strangers in Some regions in Pakistan could be a problem which really contrast with Indonesian culture.

The wives in Pakistan need to take care of their husband families and Most of Pakistani husbands also stick with their families like glue when in Indonesia wife's family and Husband's family are equal and the married couple in Indonesia are more independent from their parents.

Crime marriage

There are a lot of cases of Crime marriage which dome by Indians and Pakistanis.

If your fiance acts like these then you need to be more cautious :

1. He is muslim and you are not a muslim but he never ask you to convert.

2. Your economy status is stronger than him

3. He never asks you to change or to suit your self before you stay in Pakistan.   

4. He wants to stay in your country.

5. He never introduces you to his Pakistani society in Pakistan.