Romanian Resident Card & Marriage Apostle Notarised Charges

Greetings, I have just moved to Bucharest, my wife ( not a Romanian ) would be joining me soon. God willing. She will be joining me on an dependent visa.

I have been told this figure by an immigration company(with holding the name )  Can any of you folks help me with the following. I'd like to know what charges are there for the following?

a) if the charges shared are genuine - including the breakdown of these charges?
b can an expat who doesn't know Romanian, go to these government offices and get the work done. Shall it take the same time?
c) does the charges for resident permit application is it the same as below? 

This is the breakdown of the 750 EURO charges for my wife's paper work below - please note - I have all the rest of the papers, including my own Residence Card and work authority letter. 

Our new  service fee will be :

1. Family reunification approval 300 EUR
2. Resident permit application 300 EUR

The  service fee does not include  bellow additional costs ( governmental fees  , translation , courier etc ) and 19 % TVA  .

1. legalized translation of marriage certificate  around 150 lei
2.  application fee 22 Ron
3. notarial declaration for family support statement 120 Ron ( if you want to empower me to submit the application and pick up the  answer in your name then will be another 120 ron for POA ) .
4. social security fee ( when we apply for Resident card ) - around 200 Ron
5. resident permit fee 800 Ron
6. international courier fee to sending the approval in india - around 350 ron

-------

Looking forward to hearing from you lovely locals.

mulțumesc

Gujyaro wrote:

a) if the charges shared are genuine - including the breakdown of these charges?
b can an expat who doesn't know Romanian, go to these government offices and get the work done. Shall it take the same time?
c) does the charges for resident permit application is it the same as below?

Hello there, I'll try to answer your three points:

a) You could do it for FAR less money I think.  Are the charges genuine? Yes and no.  You are paying someone for a service, so of course they are going to build profit into the deal.  The price of convenience.  A legalized translation costs around 50 RON a page, depending on language.  A power of attorney and a declaration do not cost 120 RON.

b) You might be able to get it done on your own, especially in Bucharest where English is spoken more.  It's not impossible, but it can be a headache and confusing.  You may need to hire a translator, which could quickly add up in cost, but it may still be less than what these people are asking. 

c) No the charges are not the same.  Again, you are paying someone for profit to do these actions for you. :)  A residence permit costs 259 RON.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you for replying back. Say would you folks know any immigration companies here who could help with the paper work. I'd like to see the difference of charges.

Also please
"The price of convenience.  A legalized translation costs around 50 RON a page, depending on language.  A power of attorney and a declaration do not cost 120 RON"

The language is in English and has to be translated into Romanian, that is my marriage certificate from English to Romanian.

Gujyaro wrote:

Also please
"The price of convenience.  A legalized translation costs around 50 RON a page, depending on language.  A power of attorney and a declaration do not cost 120 RON"

The language is in English and has to be translated into Romanian, that is my marriage certificate from English to Romanian.

The prices for immigration assistance might be troublesome to find online.  Many businesses of this sort (and many other sorts :) ) won't publish their prices, it's big secret.  So I cannot help you there.  An attorney should be able to assist in these matters, but again, it could be costly.

POA's and other declarations, anything requiring a notary, the prices are governed by law I believe.  You can do some Google searches to get an idea of prices by using the following terms/phrases:

traducere legalizata preturi
declaratii notoriale preturi
procura sau imputernicire notariala preturi

Keep in mind that while you need to translate your marriage certificate, you will also need translations for any declarations, etc....that you sign onto, as you must understand what you sign of course :)

thanks for all  your help

We are in the business of getting companies to invest in RO, and also offer such services. I can tell you that the prices you got are quite cheap, a fraction of what we normally charge. But then again, our focus is in B2B especially in manufacturing operations being moved to RO. And with each setup we end up processing dozens of nonEU work / resident permits, and also for such applicant's dependants.

I suggest you best do it with them. If you were to do it on your own, chances are you will loose your mind dealing with the local authorities. Good luck.