Looking for stock goods suppliers, factories, interpreter!

Hi everyone,

I'm a businessman and I'll visit Vietnam "HCMC" during this month "Feb 2017" for a month. I might even relocate if there are good business opportunities. So I'm searching for a few things. I find it difficult to find good online sources for factories/suppliers in Vietnam, unlike in China which is very easy to find what you need online. So:
1) Does anyone know a company that can offer services like helping me to find the products i'm looking for, provide an interpreter that will accompany me during factory visits etc.
2). Is there an area which sells stock goods? I mainly export to the Middle East and Africa region so i'm not looking for the highest quality products. Looking for cheap new goods or stock goods.

Sam

Can you give clearly about which products you're searching for?

hi canhho,

Thx for ur msg. Well, I'm looking for different goods. Clothing, shoes, etc. I have many clients in different fields so I'm not really searching for something specific. Most important is, it's cheap "good for the Middle East & Africa" and the quality isn't bad & it must be cheaper than China. That's the reason I'm going to Vietnam. I heard that prices in some fields are cheaper than China. Also, most importantly, stock goods for clothing. I don't want small orders, at least 1x20'gp container for my first visit to test the market. If it goes well then every 2-3 months an order.

Sam

Hi Sam,

There is no specific area to sell stock goods. I normally got phone calls from factories about what they have left, which is often rejected by their customers due to wrong color/late delivery or so. Since I have good connections, I can sometimes help the factories out. But that doesn't happen regularly.

I know also few factories do branded products that occasionally have to destroy the "failed" products even just got minor mistakes. Some workers manage to smuggle few pieces out of the factories but that's it.

Vietnam is not exactly cheaper than China tbh. A lot of raw materials are imported to Vietnam from China, sadly. Labour cost in Vietnam increases, which will make Vietnam not so interesting for many investors as other countries in Asia.

Anyway, you will understand more when you get to Vietnam. If I hear of anyone needs to get rid of their stock goods, I can give you a shout. I only have connections in wooden furniture, home decoration, shoes and garments.

Cheers,
Ngan

please give me some product list of international brand footware and ready made garments products

Hi Ngan,

Thx for ur message. Well I hope my biz trip doesn't go to waste and I find what I want. Goods in China are becoming more expensive since the labour cost is much higher recently. I read online that in some fields, it's much cheaper in Vietnam. I hope that's true. I even read that some Chinese factory owners in China relocated their factories to vietnam for this reason. Anyway, keep in touch. Also, keep in mind that i'm not just looking for stock. I want to connect with factories for new products but low-medium quality & I'm looking for an interpreter that i can hire by day. Or maybe you know a trading company that provides services that include finding suppliers, translators etc.?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Yeah, let's keep in touch. I will give you a note when I hear about stock goods on here via PM or you can message me your email address if you prefer.

For interpreting, I'm very pricey and well-paid and a lazy employee. Haha. There are many sourcing service companies you can search on the internet. I personally don't know any good one so I can't recommend to you.

In case you seriously need a good and trust-worthy help. I'm free on Saturdays. But a prior notice is required as I often fly to Singapore for the weekends (you see already how demanding employee I am huh? Lol. I'm fortunate to help very good bosses though).

I'm free after working time every day for some good beers or coffee though :)

Cheers,
Ngan

Hi Ngan,

u are funny :) haha.  my personal email is " [email protected]
And for sure, once I arrive, we can have drinks somewhere and have a nice talk. It's good to meet new friends and learn new things about other cultures. So u are from Singapore originally?

I am curious: why don't you ask directly the people who wrote those articles? They should have better clue about where to find the "cheaper" suppliers.

About interpreter, you actually can contact some people who offer personal assistant service right in this forum, or you also can check on upwork or fiverr. I also can refer to you someone. Except you really wish an interpreter from a company, there's translation service company, but why not someone you can check their background, experience and work with them directly?

Hi Sam,  :)

Nope. I'm not from Singapore. I'm Vietnamese. From Saigon originally.

I often go to Singapore to relax with friends. All of my best friends they moved to the USA which left me with zero people that can actually get me. So I turned to some good friends living in Singapore. But if those friends moved to another country far away then I'm really left alone   :D

Anw, do let me know when you're in Saigon!  ;)

Cheers,
Ngan

Hey,
thx for ur msg. Actually I have been searching online but not too many sources to find the supplier i want. I feel that Vietnam is still at the early stages of online biz, unlike china where it's so easy to find what u need online but prices are going up there so it's not competitive as before. That's the reason I'm going to vietnam so it's going to be an adventure and not sure what to expect.

Hi Sam,

For your requirement in low-medium clothes products, you can find such of them in market. In VN, such kind of products, we call market products = very common / low / just to use clothes and they are sold in market - whole or retail sale.
You can have a try at TAN BINH market / AN DONG market for such common clothes.
You can also try to visit and discuss with home factory (clothes making at home / private factory with big volume).
Cheer,

Hi Thanhx73,
Thanks for ur help. I already read about TAN BINH market & AN DONG market but I think they are for small quantities? I'm looking to order by a container. Or I order from different shops and collect in a warehouse & wait until the container arrives? Is that safe or better to work with factories directly ? In China, there's a huge market called Futian market which has many shops that represent factories from all over China and u can buy small quantities, pay deposit and ask them to send the goods to a warehouse and all shops send their goods on the same day & u pay the balance & wait for the container.  Do they work the same in vietnam?

I've been to both Tan Binh market and An Dong market, and for me, problem here for you is that: sources of clothes can be from China, Thailand and Vietnam,
and you may not know exactly if they're from Vietnam or not.

Although maybe it's good to have a look.

Here is list of textile companies. Maybe you can ask your assistant/translator contact them and inquiry, then learn from it.

From my limited experience and thinking.

Hey Meomun,

If their sources are from other neighbouring countries especially from China then it means they will be more expensive. I already buy goods from China but i'm looking for better prices. I'll check the link you sent. thank u

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not propose your own services on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

yp.vn/business

Check this website. I think you can find information whatever you need.
Ah. I am kim. Korean and i am living in Vietnam for over 3 years. Good luck to you.

Hi there,

Please indicate specific what kind of product you are looking for. I have many connections with manufacturers in Vietnam. Email me at xxx
Nathan

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

hey,

thanks for ur msg. I'm looking for cancelled stock goods, or new cheap goods"men's, women's & children's clothes, shoes".  But most importantly is the stock goods. I export to the Middle East & Africa so I can't order expensive stuff.
Your email was deleted by the admin of the site.

hey Sam, i'd just read yr message.
Please leave me an email telling exactly what kind of clothes (some pics for fashion requirement) and i'll send it to my uncle. He has a factory making clothes in HCMC.
My email is ***
thanks.

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.