Libya Forum being read

I found two recent references to the forum lately.  Julien, you will be glad to know that many expats are dropping by the forum.  One of Moel's famous rants has gotten a response too.  I have to say that I agree with her editorial.

lookoutlibya.com/Look_Out_Libya_%7C_Editorial.html

travellingtonito.wordpress.com/

That editorial reminds me why I don't normally read Look Out Libya, it reminds me of a Disney world where My Little Ponies skip in cotton candy fields :)

They should rename it the Shell WAGS club......care in the community and all that :lol:

positive comments I hope ?

I'd like to quote a friend's wife, who said 'it's much easier to deal with being here when you don't have to work, and you can spend your time doing the things you want to do'.

As someone who works here, has to deal with arsey security and now feels uncomfortable taking a taxi by herself due to recent incidents my experience needle is currently leaning heavily towards the negative side, especially as my fella goes back to the UK tomorrow.  But hey.  Maybe if he comes back as a consultant and gets me a driver and I can quit where I am and lounge i'll feel differently.  The folks on LOL are very much entitled to their opinion, and i'm also very much entitled to mine.

We all have bad days, no matter where we are living. There is no utopia.  I work here and sure there are things that bug me, but it is not all bad.
I agreed with her statement that we are guests here and as such, we must be somewhat diplomatic. BTW, this was in response to Moel saying that we should be telling Libyans what is wrong here and how to change it.  Anyways, I just posted this to say that the forum is getting some traffic.  :whistle: