Visa to live, work in england for a new graduate in license

Hi everyone, I would like to know what to do to live and work in england, what visa to get? And what are the conditions?
I have a family that both men and women work and live in England 25 years ago and they are ready to take charge for proof of housing and survival.I am of Congolese nationality but I currently reside in tunisia for my studies
We do not know what to do to go, what visa to ask?
I finish my license in 5 months so I will have a bac + 3 and I have an average level in English because I can read and understand the 95% of the text and I can also pronounce a sentence in English.

please help me

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety I have removed your personal details

Hi Ebonksrk and welcome to the forum. :)

As a citizen of the Congo and assuming (because you haven't said so), that you're not a person with "exceptional talent", you will almost certainly need a job offer in order to obtain a visa to move to the UK.  The UK are being very strict on these and are only issuing them to people with specific skills.

What degree will you have?

By the way, it's not a good idea to put your personal details on an open web forum; so please remove your e-mail, phone and FB details.

Thank you for your answer  Cynic , sorry for the coordinates, it is a mistake of the beginner and now I can no longer delete it because the time granted to modify has already elapsed.
I am in terminal, in May I will have finished my license to have a bac + 3 in administration networks and computer services besides that I also a training in computer graphics and web and telecommunications.

After getting a job, what should I do next? apply for a visa? There are still conditions? Because with regard to the housing I will be supported by the family that is in england.

Hi,

My colleague has now removed your personal information. :)

I think you may struggle to get into the UK.  The first reason is that the UK has announced its intentions to leave the European Union; the main reason for them doing this is that the UK just can't cope with the flood of immigrants that have entered the country from within the EU; the official announcement will be in the coming weeks; once the politicians get there act together.

But, even with the current system, because of the above, the UK Government have put major restrictions on all immigrants from outside the EU/EEA; basically, you need to find a job and not just any job, it has to be one of these jobs (follow this link) and they have to pay you at least the salary quoted and also sponsor your move to the UK.  There are some IT type jobs in the list, but most of them require you to have 5-years experience.  Once you find one of the jobs, then the visa part is relatively easy; it's the job finding that will take time and dedication; you will not be allowed in the country without a job offer that meets the requirements and has been sponsored by the company employing you.

So, how to find a job, first off, try using your own University's networking database; they will have the details of agencies who are looking for people with your skills.  Next best is is just to use Google and then contact the agencies that brings up; send them your CV.  There is also a jobs link at the top of this page, you can put your CV in there and see if it gets any interest.

With regards to Visa's in general; this link will take you to the UK Government website on the subject, you may find it easier trying some of the other listed ways of gaining entry to the UK; sorry, I can't recommend a particular one.

With regards to the family aspect; I'm assuming they have EU/EEA passports as they may find it just as hard to get in.

Not sure I've helped much, but if you have any more specific questions, please come back to me.

Okay, thank you for your answers but really it seems difficult seeing everything you say

Because I have no experience
I will soon be a young graduate

I would also like to know how to go to England for a remunerated internship

You need a Tier5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa for that; this link will take you to the relevant UK Government website that explains the process.

This Google link will take you to a search of the companies doing this.  I'd be suspicious of any of these companies if they ask you for money up front.

OK thank you
another question
Do you have any idea how it's going for the paid internship and working in the united states?
I specify that I also have family out there but I can or do not stay at home

I was told about the placement agencies that easy a little things by getting you the internship and negotiates your salary and makes for you the steps for the j1 visa
One of these companies is named: the isc

Do you know that?

Your advice please

I agree with Cynic.

Can't comment on a US internship, but unfortunately there are many agencies that are not genuine, but to who you would pay a lot of money with the aim of getting you into the country.  I think that the new government in the USA has potentially made it more difficult.

Regarding the UK, as Cynic says, to get a working visa you must have a skill that the UK is in need of.  There are some categories in the IT industry on the list, but without work experience, I doubt you would get a job easily. 

I am in Kenya and I know that the British have made it incredibly difficult to get any kind of visa.  Unfortunately, there has been a history of people applying for visit, student and work visas on false job offers, university offers, sponsorship letters and so on.  There is also a high incidence of people who intentionally overstay their visas.  This has just caused things to get even more strict (visas are now processed in Pretoria, for example).  I believe the situation is very similar for citizens of DRC.

Sometimes having relatives can assist, certainly to make a visit, as they would make a statement that they will sponsor you.  They would have to submit proof of finances and so on as part of this.  Even so;  young, single people with few ties to their home countries are the most likely to be turned down for a visa, as they are the most likely to overstay.

Finally, you say that you can pronounce a sentence in English.  For the chance of employment in an English speaking country, you will need to be competent in the language.  Not being able to speak English will raise suspicion, both for the visa application, and at the border (if you are luck enough to get that far).  I recommend that you join an English language course.

ebenksrk wrote:

OK thank you
another question
Do you have any idea how it's going for the paid internship and working in the united states?
I specify that I also have family out there but I can or do not stay at home

I was told about the placement agencies that easy a little things by getting you the internship and negotiates your salary and makes for you the steps for the j1 visa
One of these companies is named: the isc

Do you know that?

Your advice please

Hi ebenksrk,

To be honest, I would have recommended the USA as a place to begin; but then we got "Trumped" and as it stands, I now have my doubts.  Perhaps Canada would be more welcoming?

Anyway, this link will take you to a website that is looking for US interns; this link will take you to the same for Canada.

Best of luck.

Thank you cynic
Will bank evidence be required? Or just the proof of the salary that will be paid to you as proof of survival

I have no experience of intern-ships, so can't comment - sorry.  My advice is to contact them directly.  Assuming they are similar to the professional visas, I suspect the employing company will take care of that kind of thing, but as I said, I don't know for sure.

Thank you infinitely cynic, you teach me a lot of things, I will see the links and I will apply. I will return to you for more info

Another cynic question, are these placement firms that help get internships are not scammers? I'm afraid of being scammed

ebenksrk wrote:

Another cynic question, are these placement firms that help get internships are not scammers? I'm afraid of being scammed

It's sometimes hard to tell; one sure thing is that you should be wary of anybody who asks you for money up front, or tell you they want a percentage of your salary, or even for your bank details.  How this works is that the companies pays them their cut, not the intern.

Some people are desperate to get away from where they live; they want the better life they were promised before they went to University, some of these people are used to paying bribes where they currently live and see nothing wrong with paying somebody for doing something for them; these scammer's take advantage of that.

My advice is that if you have worries, contact the company they are claiming to represent; use Google to see if anybody else has either had trouble, or were really pleased.  Whatever you read on the Internet (even here) could be totally false - you use it at your own risk.

Okay, thank you very much

Hello ebenksrk,

I agree with most of the information above.

You are a young person with high motivation and no experience. Your chances of getting a job where your prospective employer would be prepared to go through the hassle of sponsoring you for a work permit is practically nil.

I suggest you apply for a Master's degree course relating to your field.  UK is among few countries that offer 1 year internally recognized MS degree.

Once you are in the UK on a student visa, after completion of your degree, you can legally look for a job here and your employer after a successful interview may apply for a work visa.

There are some internationally recognized recruitment agencies in London that hire  professionals for middle east too.  Once you  become a part of a multinational organisation in middle east, there will always be an option to move to Europe and even USA in future.  :one