Procedure to follow, to enter Oman after getting a Family Visit Visa?

Hello to all the Omani Denizens,

Hope you are having a muched deserved relaxing weekend. :)

I have tried to search through the forums for a definitive guide on the procedures involved after a Visa has been procured, however I was unable to find one. So I would be glad if some well-informed Omani Denizens could help me out with my queries, respectively:

1. What are the procedures and requirements (i.e. particular amount of Money to be carried in Cash etc) that need to be followed to enter Oman upon getting a Family Visit Visa?

3. My Omani Friend got me a Visa and the Visa type is mentioned as Family Visit Visa. From what I read on ROP website, the Family Visit Visa is alternatively also referred to as Friend Visit Visa (Though the rules applicable are different based on who the sponsor is, an Expat or an Omani Local ). So, in this case, is it a Friend Visit Visa (Since my friend applied for it, not a relative) just alternatively referred as Family Visit Visa or is it really a Family Visit Visa?

4. I would also be interested to volunteer while I'm in Oman, so I would like to know if that would be possible without any legal restrictions on this Visa.

5. As I see, on the Visa and read on the forums, the validity for the Visa is 3 months and the expiry is of the 5th month that is, May. So does that mean I can stay in Oman for 3 months or does it mean I can only have a trip to Oman between those 3 months for a different duration of time and depart before the expiry date of the Visa.

Cheers!
Himanshu

1. No cash required, however you may keep some amount with you (around 100-150 OMR) to avoid any inconvenience.

3. As you mentioned it is jointly called Family/Friend Visit Visa.

4. No idea

5. Your stay will be for a period of 3 months only subject to an extension in stay applied for the same. For single entry or multiple entry, this should be mentioned on your visa.

Thanks a lot for the Reply Mr.Sajid,

However, I'm still not clear on a few things, which are respectively:

1. I got the visa, now what are the formalities/procedures after this that I need to follow to enter Oman? (From what I read it doesn't just end after getting the visa).

2. The documents that I would require, while passing through the Immigrations in Oman.

5. Your stay will be for a period of 3 months only subject to an extension in stay applied for the same. For single entry or multiple entry, this should be mentioned on your visa.

3. So basically I can stay in Oman for 3 Months (Unless I extend it for a month further) on this single entry Visa which I have been issued.

So if you could further help me with these queries, I'll be much obliged to you.

Cheers!
Himanshu

If you have the original Visa with you, then sit back and relax, you need to show your original visa and passport at the concerned airline desk at airport in home country. You will need to show your ticket (return ticket - i'm not sure about it) and that's it.

In case you don't have the original visa, you need to send your CONFIRMED TICKET to your Omani friend and he will deposit your visa at the arrival airport in Oman and  get OK TO BOARD from the concerned airline. He will send you a scanned copy of the visa, scanned copy of the OK TO BOARD SLIP. That's it. All this you need to show at the airport in home country as well as at arrival airport, if asked.

Many Thanks for your prompt reply Mr.Sajid,

Unfortunately, I don't have the Original Visa with me.

1. However, my friend sent me a photo of the original Visa on whatsapp. Would the photo of the visa work or do I absolutely need a SCANNED copy of the original visa?

2. While you are not sure if I would need to show a return ticket incase I have the Original Visa but would you know if I need to send a CONFIRMED return ticket as well along with the Ticket to Travel to Oman?

Awaiting your kind response.

Cheers!
Himanshu

Well Mr. Himanshu, you need the following before traveling to Oman;

1. A clear photo of the visa, doesn't matter if it is a scanned copy or a captured photo.   
2. Visa Deposit Slip
(Omani Friend should send you after depositing your visa at Airport in Oman)
3. OK TO BOARD Slip (Omani Friend should send you after getting your ticket OK to Board from the concerned airline in Oman).

For step 2 and 3 above, you need to send your Confirmed Ticket (either one way or returned - Omani friend can confirm from the airport) to your Omani Friend and he will do these two steps in Oman.

Oh, that clears up everything I guess. Thanks much Mr.Sajid.

Hoping you have a productive sunday after this relaxing weekend! :)

P.S. Ummm... you didn't particularly come across as being from the 'dushman desh', however what you did come across as, seemed to be a fellow human from a piece of land on this earth, who helped me by answering my queries before any other 'dost desh or apna desh' fellow did.

Well Brother, people of Pakistan and India mainly don't have major conflicts, its the Governments, few groups within both countries and some other nations don't want to us to live in piece.

So cheers, Love from Pakistan and Welcome to Oman  :heart: