Summer Job

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the best way to get an expat job in a rest/bar/cafe?

I am ex Cabin Crew and I would love to work for an ex pat couple who run their own bar/cafe....

Karen

hi karen, i did this many years ago on the Costa brava; best thing to do is go to a tourist area and let it be known you're looking for that kind of work,but do it at the start of the season when owners /managers are looking for staff- i was in a hostal bar in Lloret de mar 1 night when a guy came in, looked me up-and-down,said hello, and left........i asked the hostal owner what THAT was about, he said 'oh, that's billy, he manages a bar in malgrat, they open next week and he's looking for English  workers'........Isaid i needed a job, so he said go after him,talk.......i ran out and caught him as he opened his car door, we chatted, i started work a week later, then when i started work , other bar owners /managers got to know me and i worked in 4 different bars over  2 summers-the time of my life! this may not happen to you, but you see that if you're actually there on the scene,there's always a chance you'll hear  of someone needing staff, or you'll get to know the bar/cafe owners........be friendly and who knows? .....sometimes in life you just have to go for it and good things happen....... good luck!

Hi thanks yep, I was thinking the same thing,  Jump in at the deep end.

Many thanks for your reply

Karen xx