Transporting Pet help

Hi
We've recently relocated from England to Amsterdam and I am trying to find a way to bring our family cat over. He has a cat passport and a airline approved kennel but I'm getting stuck at every angle trying to bring him here. Ideally we need to bring him over from Southampton area.
Flybe went through the motions of booking him and then told me, last minute they couldn't do it from Southampton. My cat is too big for a in cabin bag on KLM and I can't send him over on the hold alone and collect him at the other end. They've suggested looking for a cargo company but I really don't know where to start.

Could anyone give me any tips on how to do his please if they've been in the same situation.

Thank you 😊

I'm pretty certain it can only be done from one of the major hubs (i.e. Heathrow); other options - drive over via the tunnel, or the ferry to Harwich.

That was my first thought too, trough the tunnel.

Question - why can't he go in the hold alone?

Hi, thanks for your replies. I may have to find someone who doesn't mind driving for us then. I'm not confident to drive that far myself.
I don't know why he can't go in the hold alone. I went through the motions up until I was about to pay for it and they suddenly sent me an email saying it can't be done because they don't have the licensing to send pets from southampton! Very frustrating.

Lumpyspacewitch wrote:

Hi, thanks for your replies. I may have to find someone who doesn't mind driving for us then. I'm not confident to drive that far myself.
I don't know why he can't go in the hold alone. I went through the motions up until I was about to pay for it and they suddenly sent me an email saying it can't be done because they don't have the licensing to send pets from southampton! Very frustrating.

Have you tried these.

No I haven't, but I have just requested a quote. Thank you 😊