Buying a car in Morocco - where to go and what advice can be offered

Hi All,

I have a had a good look around the forum and cant find any specific assistance on this subject. I live in Agadir, have a residents permit and now need a car - we have been without a car for a while and it is increasingly difficult to get about.

I have found quite a few websites and have spent hours on them looking - but really I want to go to a dealer and give him our requirements - then get them to find one we want - is that a good idea? We dont want to find there is a problem once we bought a car ie tax to pay or the like, so am reluctant to buy anything privately.

There seems to be a lack of "showrooms" or car dealers - does anybody know any they would recommend?

Also, with insurance, I know it is on the vehicle not the person but any idea of where to go to get this in Agadir - is this something a dealer can do. I know we will have to get a moroccan driving licence at some point but will it cause issues now not having one?

Any advice welcomed

Hi, my father in law is having a good garage near the souk el ahad, the name of the garage is garage CHAOUI, you can ask any taxi they will bring you there, he is an honnest men, you will not regret, BELIEVE ME, for insurrance ask him he knows everything

Hey,
Depend what you want used one or new, though i recommand to buy new car

There is a showroom of renault in agadir
There is the link in google map

https://g.co/kgs/6Foya1

There are experts will advice you

There is a tax you pay every year for your car and it depend on engine the issurance there are many agents that give  inssurance and depend what suit and depend what u want ur issurance to cover they will explain to you

And the law in morocco give you right to drive with ur license up to 6 months

Its a minefield, myself and my wife (she is Moroccan Im Brit)  just bought a car took ages to find one, there is a lack of showrooms and you are best to look online. However get a Moroccan to do the deal, I left it to my wife and her brother, they reduced the price by a lot. Once the locals see you are foreign the price will go up.

Main dealers usually have showrooms in each big city.