Gross monthly salary 3000-3400 to net?

Hello everyone,

I am happy to see there are people willing to help around the world.

I am Greek and I have an opportunity to pursue a permanent job that pays 3000-3400 gross per month. They told me they pay 14 installments. So, I wanted to figure out how much net money I would acquire monthly to estimate if I can live in Brussels.

They also mentioned that there are some benefits (very attractive net allowance, meal vouchers, mobile phone contract, health insurance) and when I spoke on the phone, they said that transport is also covered and the overall fee covered is almost 400 euros. They also said that net money would be around 1500 euros if i got 3000 euros gross. But when I looked it up on the internet, I found these too sites:

(1) belgiumtaxcalculator.com
(2) jobat.be/nl/test/bruto-netto-calculator/

I found that 3000 euros gross per month are 1900 euros net per month.

Also, if it makes any difference, I am single, 26 years old.

Could somebody enlighten me?

Sounds about right. Add on also the food vouchers, if you are paid 8 euro a day, that will be around 125 euro a month.

You will be looking about about 2k net per month X 14 months = 28k net per year.

That is a very very good salary for a single person to live on.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. So, 1500 is inaccurate?

With how you've described it, it looks similar to what they do in Holland; for example, you have a gross salary of 3000 p/month x 12 months = 36,000, but they pay you 14 times in the year, so your monthly gross salary = 36,000/14 = 2,571 gross, plus benefits, then minus tax/social insurance.  The 2 other months salaries are normally paid in June and November's salary - called holiday/Christmas money - you don't normally get paid benefits on those 2 month's salary.

I've never lived in Belgium, so I'm not going to even try and estimate your income tax.

No, read what I wrote!

Hello,

I don' t know what the situation in Netherlands is either. Thank you for your answer! Let's see if anyone else knows.

Schoolmum,

You said 2000k, so not 1500. The recruiters who found me this position, said about 1500. And you say it' s more, like I found online.

Remember that the simulation brings up just under 1.9k and you will get about 125 euro pm in food vouchers, adding up to around 2k. You will also have municipality taxes on top, but they won't be as significant as national tax and social security.

However tax is not so straightforward here. You do have to do a tax declaration with all incomes on it, including from outside Belgium, even if those incomes are exonerated of tax.

This link contains an image of what results 1st link gave me. I put 42000 as gross annual salary, because of 14 installments.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vjrfk9.jpg

3400 gross monthly salary gives a net of 2400.
Meal vouchers 8*20 =160.

I like to be less confident and think about 3000 gross :P  Thank you though, how did you calculate that?

araj123 wrote:

Meal vouchers 8*20 =160.

Please excuse me. 3600 gross gives 2400 net.

I found this reliable.
http://www.abvv.be/web/guest/bereken-je-nettoloon

araj123 wrote:
araj123 wrote:

Meal vouchers 8*20 =160.

Please excuse me. 3600 gross gives 2400 net.

I found this reliable.
http://www.abvv.be/web/guest/bereken-je-nettoloon

However OP didn't say gross salary was 3600 per month or 3400 per month, OP said gross salary was 3000 per month.

I'd say the 1900 per month net without taking into consideration any dependents or deductions (for example mortgage, life insurance, child care, charitable donations) to be about as accurate as can be expected. Then you can add back on the perks like food or eco vouchers, car, health insurance.

That's nice. It provides almost the same result as the others I posted. Thank you.

So, schoolmum there are other deductions? Isn't the image I posted accurate?