Budapest Cost Of Living

Hello All,

I got an offer from Budapest and before accepting the offer I would like to ask your comments about the cost of living in Budapest

I am single and basically I can summarize my recurring expenses like that:

* I will rent a flat with one bedroom ( don't prefer studio) and I prefer district 5,6,7 or 13 if possible
* I will join a yoga center which gives English yoga lessons
* I like travelling and would like to travel/have a holiday couple of times within the year
* I like eating and drinking outside couple of times during the week

Could you please share your comments if monthly 647.000,00 HUF gross will be enough for me?

Thank you in advance

It has been noted on this forum previously that apartments in the center of Budapest can be quite expensive. If you want to live on your own in a one bedroomed apartment your housing costs could be as high as two thirds of that income. If you are happy to share a larger apartment that may be more of a possibility. If you choose to live in the suburbs and travel into work that could be the cheapest option. Public transport is very cheap and frequent compared to the UK and other places.
Apart from that I think we all choose and value different things. I tend to like my own cooking so only eat out when I have visitors and they often pay. I've also got enough clothes, art materials and books to sink a battleship. Otherwise my favoured outgoings would be higher.  If you want to you can go out every night in Budapest for the price of a few drinks. But we all want to do different things in that respect so I am unable to advise you.

Well, the most expensive part of living in Budapest will be the rent. Downtown is great but pricey. A small flat will cost you 120.000-140.000 + utilities, like common costs (cca 10-15.000, electricity (5.000), gas (winter 23-27.000), water, internet. Total cca 170-190.000 HUF. Other things are not of extreme prices, you will be ok with this money. Good luck!

district 13 is not that expensiveyou might found  a mini flat 25-30 sqm for 70k huf per month

TheUserName wrote:

the cost of living in Budapest

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Budapest

647k gross should be enough. Don't cling to the districts you listed, that's a pretty large area (and they have their dodgy parts too), get to know the major tram/subway lines, you can get a flat for much cheaper further away from the center...

Rent price start around 100.000 HUF (not recommended places) but it depend the area you live.  With that salary and your "travelling expectation" you may consider outer part of city. Luckily transportation is good and you wont face any problem. When consider the rest of the activities I suppose you will need at least 300.000 montly for just living in the city.

So you may think sharing flat and maybe you can decrease your cost around 200.000 I suppose.

All the things you mentioned depends on your leisure. Where you will join yoga class? where will you eat, how much you drink and how often and more important, what type of travelling are we considering.

Honestly with that salary its not easy to make saving. Your sallary will be around 1300-1400 more or less

for salary calculator : https://www.hrportal.hu/berkalkulator_2 … unkaido=40

good luck