Trip to and hotels in Mirissa

Hi All,

I've been travelling up and down to SL over the past 3 years having set up a business here and moved to SL on a perm basis towards the end of last year and still finding my feet and network of friends.

I've been spending a lot of time on the business and haven't really had a chance to explore much of SL.

I was wondering if anyone fancied going to Mirissa for a couple of days just to get away from Colombo, I personally fancied a bit of fishing from parrot rock, photography and just chilling out in the sea and beach.

Nothing serious, just some me time and possibly make new friends in SL.

Suggestions for good hotels on the beach will be welcome too.

Hi,

I also moved to Colombo last month and would like travel outside Colombo.

Would like to make friends who are in Sri Lanka or coming to Sri Lanka for travelling. I have car and it would be great if you can drive too.

Willing to travel most of the places outside Colombo. Suggest places to visit and friends get in touch if you are travelling. Also interested in travel groups. Would like to make friends.

Hi mksg,
Thanks for responding, let's see if we get some other interested parties and then agree next steps.
Best

Hey,

I think Pasikudah is a great area to explore too. The beach is very relaxing and the colour of the water is breathtaking. It is also considered one of the safest beaches in Sri Lanka.

If you are the kind of person who loves enjoying the nature, you can explore Wasgamuwa National Park and Maduru Oya National Park. 

There are fantastic hotels with stunning views, I had a lovely time staying at Amaya Beach Hotel (https://www.amayaresorts.com/amayabeach … n-pasikuda).  Very relaxing, friendly staff, amazing rooms and the facilities were great. If you are an adventure seeker, there are lots of things from diving, snorkelling to Canoeing.

Hope this information helps! :)

Many thanks, this is very useful.