Visa advise please

hi everyone

my boss thinks i can go out to khobar on a business visa and after 3 months apply for residency visa is he right or not? as he has left it really tight for this to be wrong as i am supposed to fly out on the 13th feb

Business visa.
The ones that I have seen is like this -
you will be able to stay in the Kingdom for 30 days or less and then you will have to take trip to Bahrain and come back. This means you will have to go every 30 days to keep your visa valid. the good point about this, Since it will be multiple entry, you can visit Bahrain anytime you want. The problem is the conversion from that business visa to permanent. That can take time and during that time, you will not have your passport. which you can imagine how it will be like.

and Unless it is a permanent visa, it will be a bit difficult to get the family visa and will take even longer that way. You ahve to ask everything from your employer before hand and get everything in writing.

Cheers!

R80GS'er wrote:

hi everyone

my boss thinks i can go out to khobar on a business visa and after 3 months apply for residency visa is he right or not? as he has left it really tight for this to be wrong as i am supposed to fly out on the 13th feb

I would think wt ur BOSS suggest to you is OK as this is a common practice for most employers in Saudi to bring in people with Business Visit Visa initially and then slowly convert this to a more longer term permanant visas.

However, you would need to C if this is a single entry business visit visa or a Multiple Entry Business Visa. If it's a single entry visa with validity 3 months, it can be extended further when you r in KSA, if your BOSS/employer has influence in Visa Office, you could get further extension for 3 or 6 months if your BOSS can show you ur necessity to continue in KSA; you r the GM of a new venture and in all possibilitites, you should get an extension.  :top:

If it's a multiple Entry visa with 30 days validity, you need to travel outside of KSA. most probably to Bahrain /Dubai every month and come back again.

In any case, since this is a temporary Visa, you cant bring ur family until u get ur permanant visa.

thanks you have made me feel a bit happier, only he doesn't seem to have researched the visa application and i was getting worried, i just hope the saudi partners can make sure i'm ok once i am there

R80GS'er wrote:

thanks you have made me feel a bit happier, only he doesn't seem to have researched the visa application and i was getting worried, i just hope the saudi partners can make sure i'm ok once i am there

I can Quote onething about hope, which I like a lot

"Hope is the most exciting thing in life and if you honestly believe that Hope is out there, it will come."

Best Of Luck!!! Cheers!!!! :top:

well just got a call from my boss he says it's all getting sorted by the saudi partners. so fingers crossed all i gotta do is just get there and do the job and by the sounds of it i'm hitting the ground running. still might not have time to think about the heat ha ha ha btw it's winter there atm isn't it?

Hi R80GS'er
You dont need to wory about the heat just yet as it isnt that hot yet. Im sure you will appreciate the rise in temperature coming from the minus degrees in the UK though! All the best for your move!!

Yeah he will sure love the 45+ temp combined with a 100% humidity at the peak of summer! :D yep! thats like a constant Sauna! :D:D

Most say summer is better than winter, so not bad time to come into KSA. :)

R8og's - What job are you going to be doing and for what company ???

Look forward to hearing from you !

Regards

Tania

Taniap wrote:

R8og's - What job are you going to be doing and for what company ???

Look forward to hearing from you !

Regards

Tania

can't realy say atm though there is no other company doing anything in KSA that we do, when we are there i'll be able to post what it is we are doing. and who we are doing it in partnership with. looking forward to getting out there in early march and getting things up and running.

and meeting all you great people already out there  :cheers:

R8og's,
how is the visa process coming along? Do you have a set date now or are you just waiting? Hope all is well.

date was brought forward from 1st april to 1st march visa sorted out by the arab partners will just have to sort the rest out when i get there lmao as well as set up the new company from scratch i love a challenge but OMW i gonna have alot on my plate to start of with..nothing like in at the deap end eh?

Hi R80GS,

Can you give an update on how the visa went and if you have manged to get it converted to a work visa and hence get your family visa?

I'm going to be in the same boat soon. If my family was not coming I'd not be concerned, however they are so I want tminimise the time we are seperated.

Thanks.

Guess you are here now in KSA,? I am a british wife living in Jubail, where are you and is your wife with you? Do we get to know what the interesting sounding business is about? ;)

I'm getting the same offer as well. Get into KSA with business vis aand convert after that. Not sure how effective/legal is this? As far as I know, without residency permit; person cant rent a house, open bank account etc. could someone advice me on this please. urgent!

Hi oyst3rman and welcome to Expat.com!

Starting a new thread in Khobar forum may help in visibility.;)

Harmonie.