New destination

hello everybody . what's your favorite destination ?

In London?  Nowhere; having been born and brought up there, I have no desire to ever go back.

tabennehas adel wrote:

hello everybody . what's your favorite destination ?

Why are you asking?  Some context to your question might be useful to getting meaningful responses.

Cynic wrote:

In London?  Nowhere; having been born and brought up there, I have no desire to ever go back.

Really? That doesn't appear to be reflected in your expat path, at least not for the first 5 years anyway! Just as a matter of interest, what part of London did you call home when you moved there and why the current abject dislike?

Mythril wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Really? That doesn't appear to be reflected in your expat path, at least not for the first 5 years anyway! Just as a matter of interest, what part of London did you call home when you moved there and why the current abject dislike?

:offtopic:

Mythril wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Quite simple - work.  Both myself and my father were in the military; we had no say in where they sent us to work.  My expat path doesn't fully reflect my travels.

I was born in North West London (I sound like one). We moved to the US for a while, then back to the UK (rinse and repeat for many other countries in the world throughout his and my working life).

The London I knew as a child is nothing like it is today; the streets I played in bear no recognition to what is there now; when I consider how it was, it is in my opinion not a family friendly place in comparison to other places in the UK (i.e. where I currently live).  The primary reason why I would never go there now, is that the natural environment today is life threatening; the same could be said of many big cities today, but the question was about London.

Hope this helps. :)

Cynic wrote:
Mythril wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Quite simple - work.  Both myself and my father were in the military; we had no say in where they sent us to work.  My expat path doesn't fully reflect my travels.

I was born in North West London (I sound like one). We moved to the US for a while, then back to the UK (rinse and repeat for many other countries in the world throughout his and my working life).

The London I knew as a child is nothing like it is today; the streets I played in bear no recognition to what is there now; when I consider how it was, it is in my opinion not a family friendly place in comparison to other places in the UK (i.e. where I currently live).  The primary reason why I would never go there now, is that the natural environment today is life threatening; the same could be said of many big cities today, but the question was about London.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Cynic,

Thank you for that. I wasn't trying to pry, just interested in why you have such a dislike of London.

Having been born and raised in SW London (and I probably sound like one also) before starting my expat travels and figuring we're probably similar in age, based on the dates in your expat path, I can relate to and have to agree with much of what you say. Though I'm not quite as anti-London as yourself and will be back there in just over a week to see family, I think I would definitely find it difficult to settle back there full time now. But if there is one thing I've learned over the years and I think it is particularly relevant in the expat environment, is never say "never again"  ;)

T&R  :cheers:

hello .actually i'm meaning to choose a good place for starting new professional life