Residency in Europe

Hello All,
I have been researching this for months now and need your help.

I am a Canadian citizen (50) but would like to live in Europe, is there anyway to get residency in any European country without making a 500k property investment?

The only options I see so far are enrolling in a university program for the next 5 years, marrying someone, or in the Baltics states, investing approx. 80k in a company.

I've tried everything and these are the only viable options I've found. Getting hired as an employee is pretty much impossible due to the UK folks who can work legally there.

Any thoughts?

Hi there

There is a very good web site called "europa.eu"  The link is https://europa.eu/european-union/index_en.  There is a lot of information regarding your requirements.

If you were able to get a job in anyone of the EU countries based on your skills, then you should have little problem in getting initially, temporary residency.  Having dealt with both the French and the UK I can vouch that the UK is far more efficient in dealing with applications such as this.  Good luck.

Ducketts

Dolfin66, have you given up on Romania? :)

There ARE a number of EU countries that offer self-sufficiency visas, as well as visas for being a business owner (which you can setup for a fairly low cost)

The Europa.eu website referenced will be of use to you!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Am in liberia and it interest me

Meet other expats and join the events

OR