Canadians in Belize

What part of Belize is a good area to retire to if you are looking for beach, bars and close (walking distance) to markets... Thanks

If you want some information i could possibly help you . I am a  Belizean living in Toronto area. If you would like some information , please let me know.

Tonyest01 - We have used Jose Cardona for our real estate transactions and are very happy with his services.

I am not a real estate agent , just some tips if you need any

Hi.
51 single dude from Toronto and spend time in Miami.
Looking for a change and want to know the best place to recon. Belize.
Where is there a place like Miami... quiet but a short walk to the action, beachy but not too primitive, best looking girls, 420, good eats.  I want to go for a couple of weeks and see as much as possible to decide where to live if I decide to move there.
Air b&b?  Hotel? Private villa?  Air con, internet, TV, transportation.
Palcencia? Corozal? Cayo?  Would love a local expat in my similar situation to give some valuable intel.  I wanna hit the ground there before years end so let's start chatting.
Thanks to all in advance.

SHpader;
Welcome to the forum, you will get a wide variety of answers to all questions you might think to ask here. The truth is everyone's reality is different and only an extended visit away from the conveniences of the resorts will answer your questions based on your expectations and comfort level.

As a Canadian that moved here two years ago from Innisfil (just north of you), I would say good luck finding Miami here, but then most of us were looking for something a little different when choosing Belize. The closet area to fit that discription would be San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, but you will pay a premium to live there so again it will depend on budget and your personal reality. It has the beachy areas, lots of good eats, a vibrant nightlife, and as far as the best looking girls go, well that is all perspective isn't it. I find at 55 that there are less and less "so called ugly" girls in the world. lol. That been said you will generally find the people of Belize to be warm, friendly, helpful, and welcoming.

Belize has been everything we had hoped for but living in "paradise" does come with the price of giving up a lot of things that we take for granted in Canada, so again ultimately coming and living here for a period of time is the only way to really know if Belize is the right choice for you.

I would be happy to connect and share our experiences either by email or video chat to help you make an informed decision (Contact request sent) on Belize as a retirement option.

The best place to find Canadians is Canada and the best place to find Miami is Miami

are you at The Palms?

Would love to learn as much about belize as possible. 
Thinking about investment property and then eventually retire thwre.
We r 51 and 55.
Condo or home? What's the best income and selling benefits.
Resale values?
Want to be near water/beach and walking to market.  Good Internet and community services. 
Any discussion is great
Thx

I am originally from Belize. I now live in Toronto but will move back in about 4 years. I might be able to help with some of your questions

Hi Bruce,
English is the primary language. Spanish is a nice to have to not necessary. We have been going to Belize for 13 years and have recently purchased a property in Sittee (also from Toronto). The process is relatively painless but trying to transfer funds proved challenging. There are quite a few Canadian/ American real estate agents down there. We used Remax. I would highly recommend visiting the country before settling on anything. Although small, there is a lot to Belize. We eventually narrowed down the area, booked a 5 day trip and had prepared a list of all the listings we had found. Our agent took us around and also added a few properties that weren't on our list. I would also encourage you to look into the Retiree program they have .belizetourismboard.org/programs-events/retirement-program/

Hope this helps

Hi,
In which area do you live now?

We are from Hamilton Ontario and purchased a home and 4 acres on the hummingbird highway between Belmopan and Dangriga in Nov of 2017 This stretch of highway is the most beautiful part of Belize in my opinion. Crime seems to be the Worst in Belize city and In Corozal district because it is close to the Mexican border. The Islands in the north attract a lot of the bad elements because of the amount of tourists. We are in a rural area. about 15 minutes from the coast and about 30 min. from Hopkins Beach. we have had very little problems with crime Petty theft but that is to be expected in a third world country. English is the legal language of the country and all documentation pertaining to purchase of property is in English. It took us about 7 months to receive title on our property from the government after purchase of the property. There is a little more rain in the south but it also helps to keep it cooler we are at the edge of the mountains so the elevation also helps with the heat.
Hood 63

Hello to all,
I am visiting Belize this February for the first time and will try to do a quick tour from North to South.
I am looking to buy and reside on a lot with ocean view without being next to the ocean. 
Can anyone tell me where I should focust my search in Belize.

Thank you

5 yer experience
stay out of city

we stayed in key caulker[island] you might want to search there
but best advise have someone with you

prefer local x pat
also contact real estate  agent
and watch out you may not get complete control
read fine print
with educated friend
will were here if you would like to join me in my
TREASURE HUNT
send your name address and your postal code
have great time wish i was there
art

Welcome to the forum.
If you are considering 'mainland' Belize, then probably Hopkins or Placencia, or somewhere in between. The south has 'better' water than the north. However, Consejo, Sarteneja and Corozal can all give you water views of the northern bay. It will depend on your liking of the specific areas. Good luck in your search.

"ocean view without being next to the ocean" is a tall order in belize..  all the coast line I know consists of coastal flats. with minimum elevation.    there are inland hills with a distant view, but no facilities,
         Happy to hear if you are successful, Good luck with your search.

I'm planning Belize  corasel or area
need builder
who do you recommend?

Hi sweet heart
I think Belize is grand
where do you live
if I can be of help let me know
when are you going down
and for how long?

Art

The best information gathered
is REM AX Realty
art

Add on be safe
use re max realty for all your property purchases

Hello Canadians, i am currently living in Playa Del  carmen Mexico on a four year temporary residency visa and am now considering moving to Belize next from here and need to exit Mexico in early April so am planning to drive down in my Ontario vehicle to cancel my TIP at the Banjercito and then hope to spend some time in Belize for a week or two in an area with other expats who can help me figure out what to do and places to live. Short term my plan is to reenter Mexico on a tourist visa for now to stay in my current rental here but i don't want to be forever on a tourist visa so think i need to try and get PR in Belize. And make new friends too!
Gracias Amigos,
Randy