Learning Urdu

hello all im 28 saudi female living in khobar

looking for someone to teach me a new language Urdu
lessons reading speaking possibly writing but would like to progress and speak it fluently
since im getting married to an Indian man would feel this might help me a lot when i connect in his environment and as well impress him in a way but generally im always open to the idea and keen to learn a new language.

please reply and provide contact details if you can and hopefully we can start the journey :D

All the best wishes for your future. I'm glad about how excited and enthusiastic you are.

There is something technical here. In India, two variations of this language are spoken. Urdu and Hindi. They are close but written in different ways. Urdu is written in Arabic way with some additional alphabets, Hindi is way apart. As Urdu has 40% of its words taken from Arabic, it's easy to learn for Arabs.

I hope someone from Al-Khobar contacts you with his/her services.

Just watch B4U movies, Zee Aflam and you're good to go.

HaneenA wrote:

please reply and provide contact details if you can and hopefully we can start the journey :D

You might note contact details are not allowed on the open forums so they should be shared by PM only.

Hi there!What you're doing will definitely earn u brownie points n go a long way towards cementing ur marriage.I married into an Urdu speaking family as well,n learning Hindi in school definitely made it easier to pick up.Where is ur husband to be from?there are different dialects,n as suggested already,watching TV shows r a great way to pick it up.Bollywood stuff is mostly in Hindi.There r a lotta Pakistani serials tht r in pure Urdu n sound so lyrical...

Quoting code of conduct (please see here in full)

Make sure to write correctly and clearly on the forum so that everyone can understand: avoid cap locks and SMS language.