Uploading Images on Forum

I'm sure this may have been discussed before, though I couldnt find it in the search, it would be a good idea to enable users to upload images directly on the forum. 

Currently, the module allows users to paste links from third party websites. Its not always convenient for everyone, also keeping in mind that certain links are not always available too.

I agree.  I would be more inclined to share images if the process was made so much simpler. Obviously accepting them to vetted for compliance to the Ts and Cs it would still be more than welcome.
Perhaps the other consideration would be the effect of the page loading speed on computers and mobiles?

You have a good point about T&C compliance, Luke,  though by now I've learnt that that isn't really a big priority on the site. There isn't really a hard and fast rule for what is allowed on forum and what's not. So if certain posts containing job requests,  personal info and other thing can stay on the forum (unless manually moderated), I don't see a reason why images shouldn't. 

Regarding page upload speed, I don't think that would be an issue since the image preview would be loaded anyway, regardless of image hosting location, I'm assuming.

Hi Xeeschan,

Thank you for your suggestion it is indeed a very good one!

We already talked about this suggestion before and it is one of many which we would like to implement in the future.
Why hasn't it been done till now you asked, it is because for implementing this funtionality we have to mesure the impact of size that it will take on our server and see if we will have to change our infrastructure with one with more space.

We still have some important projects coming for us right now but when we have more time we will surely study this case and see what must be done.  ;)

Best,
Christophe

Thx for the rapid response Christophe..

Good to hear back form the team.
Regarding the impact of size on the server, as you know we are already uploading the photos in the 'Pictures' section. Would it have a different effect if they are posted directly on the forum, instead of a different section?

Good luck with the future projects. : )
Z

Your welcome  :)

As the forum is the section of the website that is the most used it will surely consumes more space. Some people don't even know that we have a section reserved for pictures.

One more thing is that we we have to see the impact of moderation because images are moderated before accepted whereas a message on the forum is not.

When there is some news on this particular matter I'll let you guys know about it.  ;)

Best,
Christophe

Sure. Looking forward. 

Though a suggestion: It would actually be a good idea to perhaps removed pre-approval from the Pictures section.
This will help people quickly upload (expat related) photos and give the link on the forum.
Since you've mentioned not many people know about the pictures section, it would be easy for Experts/Mods to moderate the pictures like the forum is done without causing any additional stress.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR