Motor Cycle import into Vietnam

G'day Guys just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with importing a motorcycle into Vietnam.
My Vietnamese wife and I are looking to move over here later this year and would like to bring my bike over with us. Have looked into buying a new bike(Above 175cc) but the prices are crazy.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Territorian

Just wonder Why would you want to import + pay shipping + pay tax duty for something you can buy in Vietnam? I mean it must be higher your bike's value.

Anyway, here is a link to down pdf file about Importing Personal Property Into Vietnam for reference
( http://webportal.atlasintl.com/Customs% … ietnam.pdf ) or simply search "Importing Personal Property Into Vietnam "

Wish you luck

More info:

According to the Vietnam laws, there are all of me two requirements for importing a car or bike.
The first requirement is that you must be the original order and the second requirement is that the bike cannot be more than two years old. I have also learned that if you hire a customs broker who has good relationships with the Customs officers you can get around some of these rules

G'day Mr Doan
I was looking at some bikes while my wife and I were in HCMC last November and was very surprised of the prices of some of the BMW bikes we were looking at so thought I would look into the option of import to see how the cost worked out. I do realise it can be very expensive to import but thought it might be worth some investigation.
Thanks for your helpful info I might look into a broker.
Cheers Dave

To be honest the taxes will kill you.