How to make friends in Gabon

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Gabon :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Gabon??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Avoid your bias and don't be scared to say 'salut'.

I'm new in gabon. I arrive a week ago. I need friends call me on 07009707. Cheers!

It depends on the type of friends you went to make
Gabonese are very friendly.

(Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website)

The only issue I have is communication.

Hello tcspain33,

But are you already in Gabon?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

I'm moving to Gabon real soon, are there any Canadians there. I would really like to connect with people who speak English as I don't speak French and I don't want to feel homesick all the time 😭

@mariamihachem

I'm Gabonese, i use to think that Canadians were able to talk in French. U must be with someone capable talking in french if u really wanna visit Gabon, but i think u're not alone cause u can't just come like that, maybe u're with your friends or Husband. Did u buy  something like an travel pack with an tourism agency?

Hey mariamihachem,

Welcome to Expat.com1f604.svg

You can look for Canadians in Gabon here > Gabon expat network

There is also the Gabon classifieds section, you should post an advert and mention in the description that you are looking for English-speaking people to make friends.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@mariamihachem you're already there?

@demian

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Post is from 2011 + contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@mariamihachem they are some Canadians here but all the Canadians that I know don't stay in town as they are coming to work on the sites for different companies but you still can find many people that spark fluently English. Am here since April 2022 and I was here before and during Corona crisis...

Gabon is one of the most beautiful counties you are going just to love it.

Where are you going to live in Gabon?