Amazonfirewall

Does anyone know if the fire sick works with the tv system in Malta, if bought in the UK?

Hi yes it does work and is much more reliable than the android boxes.  My husband bought one in the uk and I just needed to set up the wifi connection here in malta. I'm really pleased with it and like the portability of moving it between rooms as it doesn't need a cable connection to the broadband.

Thanks for your advice I'll get myself one and see how it goes.

AlyDimmick wrote:

Hi yes it does work and is much more reliable than the android boxes.  My husband bought one in the uk and I just needed to set up the wifi connection here in malta. I'm really pleased with it and like the portability of moving it between rooms as it doesn't need a cable connection to the broadband.

Everything I read about the fire stick seems to imply it won't work in any country not listed on their website,  Malta is not listed nor is any EU country other than UK.
Obviously you have one of these, are there any limitations when used in Malta?. We will be using either Go or Melita.
Regards
Ray

Ours works fine, no problems at all

In that case I may as well get one given the relatively low cost and we have a brand new TV and no terrestrial antenna and as yet no internet, any recommendations,
I'm in Qala and I understand Melita may be already wired.
Ray

You would normally need an IPTV service if you wish to watch decent quality, live,  UK and US television. I use 2 different ones, one at £4.50 a month (GMGM) and one at €29.95 a month (UKSky TV). Both are very good.
Many IPTV services will work simply through your PC/Laptop without the need for an Android box, Magbox or 'Firestick' and give you VoD and catch up as well as live TV.

Ray