Best mobile phone plan for having a lot of international calls (US)?

Hello Berliners,

does anyone of you know about a decent mobile phone plan which:

- let's you call overseas without having to pay hundreds of euros
- doesn't bind you for 24 months (you can quit monthly)
- not prepaid
- doesn't cost a fortune
- yes, I know, Skype, but Skype doesn't work 100% well in case you call a phone from it,
and we need this for business calls... I am completely helpless.

Thank you all!

Have a nice afternoon,

Google hangouts dialer allows free calls to most US landlines (maybe cell phones)

mereszlili wrote:

Hello Berliners,

does anyone of you know about a decent mobile phone plan which:

- let's you call overseas without having to pay hundreds of euros
- doesn't bind you for 24 months (you can quit monthly)
- not prepaid
- doesn't cost a fortune
- yes, I know, Skype, but Skype doesn't work 100% well in case you call a phone from it,
and we need this for business calls... I am completely helpless.

Thank you all!

Have a nice afternoon,

Good luck with that. Your conditions pretty much exclude most possibilities. Such companies have  one reason to exist - to make money. Most big companies like Vodafone and T-Mobile are not going to be cheap. There are cheaper providers like Blau which are worth looking into. But who should offer a flat rate without a long term contract or being prepaid? With whatever existing plan you have, one can also opt for calling cards which should give discount rates to destinations outside of Europe - but these are a form of pre-paid card as well.

Here is a website (German only) that gives  a rundown of such options:

http://www.billiger-telefonieren.de/cal … -anbieter/

I did find a company called Lebara that offers good rates for 45 countries, including many outside of Europe (like USA, Canada, China….) for 500 minutes a month for 14,99 Euros or including 1 GB internet for 19,99 Euros.  But I don't know if this tariff is possible without a long term contract or not. Something like this might come in question for you as an additional SIM card if you don't want to lose your present number or lose your present provider. Many cellphones now have slots for a second SIM card for such purposes or you can use a separate phone. 

http://www.lebara.de/flexi#xl