Sosua supermarkets

Have to say I'm getting extremely tired of these crap supermarkets in Sosua. Seems they are not content with overpriced products but now they are selling us rotten food as well .Recently bought some chicken in Playero,  which looked okay but the next day when I open the fridge there was a hell of a stink coming out of it.  Turns out it was that piece of chicken, which stank to high heaven.  just as well, had I eaten that I probably would have got some serious food poisoning.  Thought it might be a one-off at first but then I heard from a friend who had the same experience also with rotted chicken. I think the problem is at the meat counter. Frozen stuff is probably okay but that meat counter is stuffed with meat lying there for God knows how long and it's only chilled. Good recipe for food poisoning. As for their prices they are getting more outrageous by the month. just after Christmas I saw some tea bags I quite liked.. until I saw the price! 333 Peso for 15 teabags..Christ, thats nearly  $8.00 for a lousy 15 bags,  so that's roughly a 700% increase to what they would cost in Europe.I know Imports are more expensive but 700% increase..no bloody way! As for Super Pola it's generally better but that's been going downhill too.. it's supposed to have lower prices  which it does but lately I have been losing money and  in effect its been actually more expensive than Playero in some cases.  Reason being that pricing is an absolute shambles.  On many items prices are not even displayed in other cases are completely wrong.  good example of that the other week I bought an item priced at 85 Peso  then when I checked the bill at home it turns out it cost me 245.  so quite a loss at 160 peso. well it was vegetable discount day so I saved about 35 Peso and lost 160.. thanks Pola, great system!  Do that few times and Playero would actually be cheaper as at least they get their excessive prices right.  so in Pola now I spent half my shopping time checking prices on their electronic machine to make sure its correct,  which often it is not ..really is a shambles. Another issue at Pola which is getting worse by the week  is their stock control is an absolute shambles many times I go over there and faced with partially empty shelves and I cant buy the items I want.  yesterday was about the worst out of 9 items I wanted to buy 5 were not on shelves.  so left with half my shopping done and had to go to bloody Playero later and pay their prices.  Pola cant even manage the most basic items , on the bread counter out of 12 trays 7 were completely empty and remained so until I left. Milk shelves were half empty and only higher priced cartons left.The worst  example, there is a certain brand of tea bags I usually buy, that part of shelf has been empty for 7 bloody weeks!! Unbelievable!!  so yesterday leaving the place with half my shopping done I decided I had enough and went to the counter to complain. asked for the manager .oh yeah of course he wasn't there.maybe if he spent more time there  he might manage to get some shelves stocked for a change.  I have never seen such incompetence , if this bunch of clowns  ran supermarket in Europe or United States they will be out of business in a month or less. Only good thing about Pola is the staff they are usually very helpful and friendly but they are let down by completely incompetent managers who couldn't manage a piss-up in a brewery. That's it rant over,   pointless really nothing will change I expect.

Ahh life in the DR. Love it or leave it.

Now do you feel better for venting??? I hope so!

Sadly nothing will change!

Yep helps to blow off steam sometimes with all the little irritations which accumulate over time  here....nearly had another rant later when I sent an email to parent company Gruporamos to complain and just about to send it and what? Yep our old friend the power cut.... Ahhrgg !!!!... When power came back hour later, mail was returned "Mail Box full"  Knowing this bunch guess they haven't looked at their server since the Internet was invented.  Yep sounds about right ... so going to kick a chair, have a whiskey and forget about it :-)

Part of the adaptation process I am afraid

Bob K