New to Forums. Hello Everyone!

Hi everybody my name is Zack.  I am looking to live in Vietnam (Around District 4 in Saigon) toward the end of the next year.  I'm currently in Central Kentucky finishing up my Bachelors in Computer Science.  Don't know if anyone can answer this question or not but will it be possible for me to get a job in the Software Engineering Industry in Vietnam.  I don't really know too much about jobs in Vietnam.  Thank you for any information.

You mentioned toward the end of next year. is that 2012?

District 4 has been developing nicely these past two years with new apartment and office buildings. It does get a considerable amount of traffic congestion during most of the day though. Which shouldn't be too much of a problem getting to activities in its neighboring District 1.

I see many software engineers coming here from India for work. They're pretty good at their jobs so competition may be a little tough for the better jobs. So, you should start now doing some job searches to get a feel for the market.

Hey Mike,  thank you for the response,  I am very hopeful that I can get a job in my field and I think after I graduate in December that I will begin looking thoroughly for opportunities.  Oh and to answer your question, yes I am looking to come over in late 2012.

I have another question if anyone might be able to answer.  Are there any major companies in Saigon that would be likely to have a demand for Computer Scientists?  I'm sorry I know nothing about the technology industry in Saigon but I am looking for any information that might help me break through.

Dear Tonedeff,
There is a very big corporation regarding IT field in SG called FPT. You can google for more information.
There are yahoo, Microsoft and also intel in VN as well.
Hope this may help.

Kim

Hi,

There is a big company - Intel Asia products Ltd. in Hi-tech park , Dist.9 where many oversea IT engineers are currently working here.

Rgd,
Melissa