Speaking Portuguese in Angola

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Portuguese is essential for a successful integration in Angola. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Portuguese? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Angola?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Angolans?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

well if you are coming by yourself then yes speaking portuguese is mandatory, because only highly educated people speak english and you cant find that people working in restaurants, taxis, shops etc

Yes I can

Dear Priscilla,

ola.yes, I agree,  but, I don't really speak Portuguese well, and  I understand few words . When I come here, I bring dictionary with me and when I saw a dictionary in Belas Shopping, I bought another one.
Why? because it is really necessary and very important to understand and to speak Portuguese here, otherwise,you will be lost.
It is with big pleasure for me to learn , speak and write Portuguese.Like carlosfmsilva wrote, it is mandatory.