Speaking Albanian in Albania

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Albanian is essential for a successful integration in Albania. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Albanian? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Albania?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Albanians?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi,

I am an Albanian teacher. I have experience. I taught Albanian to some foreign business  people, who needed it for everyday life and for work. If You are interested in we can get in touch and discuss about classes.

Best Wishes,

Anila

Hi Anila,

This is a general topic launched by the Team Expat.Com.Christine is a member of the team.

We would like members to share their experience on the few questions asked.

However, if you want to propose your services, i suggest you drop an advert in the Albania classifieds under the language classes section.

All the best,
Bhavna

You can pick up some basics through online material, but the best way to become conversational is through total emersion.... speaking Albanian is essential though.... many people claim to know English, but in all seriousness even individuals teaching English in Albania have very poor English skills.... my wife is a native Albanian and I was lucky to have her there with me as she was able to translate for me