Moving to Bahrain

Hi Friends,

Find interesting this forum and people who are helping expats to resolve their queries with lot of patience...

Thank you in advance....

I am residing in India. I received an offer letter from one of the financial institution in Bahrain.

*What are the next steps for receiving Work permit and residence certificates.
     *Can any one tell how much time it will take for processing work permit/visa.
     * Once I receive Work permit/Visa, should I go to Bahrain Embassy for immigration check?
     * They haven't asked me for any medical certification yet. Will they ask me to send once the WP/Visa 
          is received or will it be taken care once I landed in Bahrain?
     * Can we get furnished accommodation on rental basis in Bahrain?
     * Which is the best school for children from India and average cost of schooling per month for two   
        kids for a normal schooling..
     * Are the utensils, clothing, accessories available at reasonable prices in Bahrain.
     * Is vegetarian   food available in Bahrain (Any Indian restaurants)..    :)

Thanks !

Vish

Hi,

Have answered your questions in brief

*What are the next steps for receiving Work permit and residence certificates.

This should be handled by your employer/HR department.

*Can any one tell how much time it will take for processing work permit/visa.

This depends on a lot of factors, usally takes about 2 weeks to about a month or more.

* Once I receive Work permit/Visa, should I go to Bahrain Embassy for immigration check?

No, you dont need to.

* They haven't asked me for any medical certification yet. Will they ask me to send once the WP/Visa is received or will it be taken care once I landed in Bahrain?

Yes, medical is mandatory, they will ask you to submit it and once you land you will have to do another medical here

* Can we get furnished accommodation on rental basis in Bahrain?

Yes

* Which is the best school for children from India and average cost of schooling per month for two kids for a normal schooling..

Once your here, i am sure you can choose from the various options based on your preference

* Are the utensils, clothing, accessories available at reasonable prices in Bahrain.

Yes

* Is vegetarian   food available in Bahrain (Any Indian restaurants)..

Yes, lot of them.

Kindly go through the below mentioned posts which could give you an idea about the cost of living
http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960  : Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats
http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=337348 : cost of living
http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtop … 1#p2522261 : cost of living area wise

Good luck

T&R

Thank you Friend !

Thanks for all your replies in detail for the questions. It cleared my queries.

Hi,

Bahrain is full of vegetarian restaurants,
Even fast food like mcdonalds have veg burgers, even in malls there are indian fast food & restaurants n mostly they have veg food/dishes

My fav vegetarian restaurant is Dosa plaza in Manama

Thank you all.

Done with medical checkup and uploaded details into GAMCA.. What next?

Be in touch with your potential employer, they should be able to give you all the details you need.

Thank you!

Got VISa....moving to Bahrain next month... :)

What are the required documents to bring along with me while company ng to Bahrain..

What is the cost of a formal dress (Suit) to buy in Bahrain...

Your employer should be able to tell you what documents are needed. A formal shirt & trousers can start from BHD3 onwards, blazer 15BHD onwards.

Is the GAMCA medical report issued on old passport still valid for a new passport?