Extension RC

I had Romanian family member RC which is going to expire in few months im living UK with wife and baby how is possible to renew it agian
Please advise me many thanks

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : please post your message in English
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Fahadarshad --> This is an Anglophone forum.  Please post ONLY in English here, as mentioned in the Romania Forum Code of Conduct.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Davesandhu wrote:

I had Romanian family member RC which is going to expire in few months im living UK with wife and baby how is possible to renew it agian
Please advise me many thanks

You cannot renew a Romanian residence permit if you reside in UK, simple logic.  If you have been outside of Romania for over 6 months or you have an residence permit in UK, your Romanian residence permit may have been cancelled.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks . I dont have uk rc . Thats why we wwant to renew again and it with will be 6 months when im back to romania . How long does it take to renew?

Fadharsh I don't t what u wrote . Could you please mess me that will be great

Davesandhu wrote:

Thanks . I dont have uk rc . Thats why we wwant to renew again and it with will be 6 months when im back to romania . How long does it take to renew?

On what basis are you living in UK?  You don't have a UK residency card or EEA family permit?  How long have you been living in UK?  The answers will determine your process in Romania.

I living uk on RO RC . I dont need family Permit I do have right to work and live with wife I haven't apply uk rc yet

Been uk 4 months now

Davesandhu wrote:

I living uk on RO RC . I dont need family Permit I do have right to work and live with wife I haven't apply uk rc yet

A Romanian residence permit does NOT give the right to live in UK!  If you stay in another EU country for more than 90 days, you are required to obtain a residency permit from that country, in this case a EEA family permit.  If you've been there 4 months now with no authorization from UK, I believe you are staying there illegally.  Yes you have the right to live and work there being a EU family member, but you must obtain appropriate approval from the immigration authorities.

However, if you are intending on returning to Romania and actually living here, you should probably do so before the 6 months expires, otherwise you likely will be starting over from zero, meaning no permanent residence permit and possibly further complications.  If you intend to remain in UK, you should address the authorities there immediately.

Thanks for answers .
Yes I send letter to uk immigration about my case they send me COA which I can live and work uk and my wish if I want to apply uk RC if not I will be ok as long wife living with me so im lot living illegal

Davesandhu wrote:

Thanks for answers .
Yes I send letter to uk immigration about my case they send me COA which I can live and work uk and my wish if I want to apply uk RC if not I will be ok as long wife living with me so im lot living illegal

Well that's good for you then  :top:

Let say my temporary rc only for  year if I extend it 6 months before then again I will receive year or more .
And how long time they take to renew thanks?

Thanks mate

Davesandhu wrote:

Let say my temporary rc only for  year if I extend it 6 months before then again I will receive year or more .
And how long time they take to renew thanks?

I think it takes 30 days from the time the file is submitted.  Remember though, if you've applied for residency in UK (you said you have a COA?), once that happens your Romanian residency card is cancelled, as you cannot hold residency in 2 EU countries at simultaneously.

Thanks . I got only coa I haven't got uk rc . And I known I can't keep 2 rc . But until I got uk rc . At least I have to update my romanian RC

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : inappropriate

Hi,I am non eu citizen and married  to romanian citizen.I am holding 2 residency permit in Romania and other schengen country.